Loftus railway station, Sydney
Southbound view from Platform 2 in July 2012
|Location||Loftus Avenue, Loftus|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||26.29 kilometres from Central|
|Opened||9 March 1886|
|Previous names||Loftus Junction|
|web = Sydney Trains
Loftus station opened on 9 March 1886 as Loftus Junction when the Illawarra line was extended from Sutherland to Waterfall. It was renamed Loftus in September 1896. It was rebuilt in 1979 as part of the extension of the electrification from Loftus Junction to Waterfall.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Bondi Junction|||
|services to Bondi Junction||limited morning peak services|
|2||services to Waterfall & Helensburgh|||
|services to Port Kembla & Kiama||limited early morning services|
Transdev NSW operates two routes via Loftus station:
- Loftus Station NSWrail.net
- Loftus Signal Box NSW Environment & Heritage
- The Royal National Park Branch NSWrail.net
- "T4: Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "South Coast line timetable" (PDF). NSW Trainlink. 20 October 2013 [amended February 2015].
- "Route 991 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 3 September 2012.
- "Route 993 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 27 April 2015.