Loftus railway station, Sydney
Southbound view from Platform 2 in July 2012
|Location||Loftus Avenue, Loftus|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||26.29 kilometres from Central|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||9 March 1886|
|Previous names||Loftus Junction|
Loftus station opened on 9 March 1886 as Loftus Junction when the Illawarra line was extended from Sutherland to Waterfall.Until September of 1896 it was called Loftus Junction. It was rebuilt in 1979 as part of the extension of the electrification from Loftus Junction to Waterfall.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Bondi Junction|||
|services to Bondi Junction||limited morning peak services|
|2||services to Waterfall & Helensburgh|||
|services to Port Kembla & Kiama||limited early morning services|
Transdev NSW operates two routes via Loftus station:
- Loftus Station NSWrail.net
- Loftus Signal Box NSW Environment & Heritage
- The Royal National Park Branch NSWrail.net
- "T4: Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "South Coast line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "Route 991 timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "Route 993 timetable". Transport for NSW.