|• Type||Municipal corporation|
|• Body||Nagar Palika|
|• Total||16.15 km2 (6.24 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,200/km2 (3,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Pamuru is a census town in Prakasam district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is the mandal headquarters of Pamur mandal in Kandukur revenue division. This is the boarder town of prakasam district. this is near from Nellore than Ongole around 100 kmh and also near by Kadapa.
As of 2011[update] Census of India, the town had a population of 20,000. The total population constitute, 10,340 males, 9,660 females and 2,348 children, in the age group of 0–6 years. The average literacy rate stands at 75.31% with 13,294 literates, higher than the national average of 73.00%.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- "District Census Handbook - Prakasam" (PDF). Census of India. p. 16,17,48. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- "Chittoor District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 164, 179. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Chapter–3 (Literates and Literacy rate)" (PDF). Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Retrieved 7 November 2016.