Partido Lakas ng Masa
|Colors||Blue, red and black|
|Seats in the Senate||
0 / 24
|Seats in the House of Representatives||
0 / 287
The Partido Lakas ng Masa (PLM; Party of the Laboring Masses) is a socialist party in the Philippines. Created in 2009, it includes as its affiliate the labor group Bukluran ng Manggagawang Pilipino, and is Sanlakas' political party for purposes of contesting non-party-list elections. It is the umbrella group of various organizations such as Zone One Tondo Organization (ZOTO) and Kongreso ng Pagkakaisa ng Maralita ng Lungsod (KPML).
PLM protested Israeli airstrikes on the Gaza Strip during the Gaza War; a party member remarked that the airstrikes were "Israel's 'Final Solution' to the Palestine people." PLM remained neutral on the issue of postponing the 2011 elections in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM), as a postponement only serves to benefit the Liberal Party, while holding the elections would've only promoted the status quo; instead, the party "supports the continuation of the peace negotiations between the Philippine government and the MILF and any group fighting for self-determination in Mindanao." The party also disapproved of giving former president Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo any special treatment against her criminal cases.
In the 2013 general election, the party is supporting Ricardo Penson's independent candidacy to the 2013 Senate election, and is putting several candidates in local elections, including one candidate in the 2013 House of Representatives elections.
PLM produces the weekly radio program RADYO LAKAS NG MASA (Radio Program of the Labouring Masses) on Radyo Inquirer DZIQ 990 every Saturday 9-10 AM.
- Morelos, Miko L. (2009-01-02). "RP Muslims protest Israeli air strikes". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 2013-03-11.
- "An elitist, ‘trapo’ ARMM concern". Philippine Daily Inquirer. 2011-06-09. Retrieved 2013-03-11.
- "Government won’t oppose hospital arrest for Arroyo". Sun.Star Manila. 2011-11-21. Retrieved 2013-03-11.
- "Justices should be picked via democratic process". Philippine Daily Inquirer. 2011-12-28. Retrieved 2013-03-11.
- Aning, Jerome (2013-03-03). "Ricardo Penson seeks to represent those left out". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 2013-03-11.