Mandal map of Krishna district showing Penamaluru mandal (in yellow)
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Penamaluru mandal is one of the 50 mandals in Krishna district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is under the administration of Vijayawada revenue division and its headquarters are located at Penamaluru. The mandal lies on the banks of Krishna River and is bounded by Vijayawada (urban), Vijayawada (rural) and Kankipadu mandals. The mandal is also a part of the Andhra Pradesh Capital Region under the jurisdiction of APCRDA.
As of 2011[update] census, the mandal had a population of 168,022. The total population constitute, 84,485 males and 83,537 females —a sex ratio of 989 females per 1000 males. 15,682 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 7,970 are boys and 7,712 are girls. The average literacy rate stands at 80.39% with 122,471 literates.
The mandal has 5 settlements. It includes 1 out growths and 4 villages. Ganguru (OG) and Penamaluru (OG) are outgrowths to Vijayawada (M.Corp). On 23 March 2017, as per the G.O. 104 of Municipal Administration and Urban Developmwnt Department, Kanuru (CT), Poranki (CT), Penamaluru (OG), Tadigadapa (CT), Yanamalakuduru (CT) became a part of Vijayawada metropolitan area.
The following are towns and villages in the mandal:
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 14 October 2014.
- "Krishna District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 507, 529. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- "Administrative Setup". Krishna District Official Website. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Mandals in Krishna district". aponline.gov.in. Archived from the original on 13 December 2014. Retrieved 14 October 2014.
- "Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority Act, 2014" (PDF). News19. Municipal Administration and Urban Development Department. 30 December 2014. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 February 2015. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "Sub-District Details of Krishna District". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 11 September 2014.
- Reporter, Staff. "Vijayawada, 19 other contiguous areas notified as Metropolitan Area". The Hindu. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- "Welcome to Government Order Issue Register". goir.ap.gov.in. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- "Some Concepts and Definitions" (PDF). Census of India 2011. Retrieved 19 January 2015.