|• Chairman||Bandaru Ananda Prasad (YSR Congress Party)|
|• Total||20.72 km2 (8.00 sq mi)|
|Elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|• Density||1,500/km2 (3,800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||AP 16|
Pedana is a municipality and the headquarters of Pedana mandal under Machilipatnam revenue division of Krishna district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is located at a distance of 8 km (5.0 mi) from the district headquarters, Machilipatnam.
Pedana is located at  It has an average elevation of 0.5 metres (3 feet)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Pedana Municipality had a population of 30,835. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Pedana has an average literacy rate of 60%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 66%, and female literacy is 54%. In Pedana, 12% of the population under 6 years of age. This municipality was constituted in 1985 with 17 revenue wards and 20 election wards. Now this municipality has 23 election wards.
The town is well connected to many towns and cities by means of rail and road transport. The town has a total road length of 76.12 km (47.30 mi). NH 216 passes through the town which connects Digamarru and Ongole. Pedana railway station is classified as a D–category stations in the Vijayawada railway division of South Central Railway zone.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "YSR Congress Claims Three Civic Chief Posts in Krishna". The New Indian Express. Machilipatnam. 4 July 2014. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "Census of India Search details". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "Statistical Abstract of Andhra Pradesh, 2015" (PDF). Directorate of Economics & Statistics. Government of Andhra Pradesh. p. 43. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 July 2019. Retrieved 26 April 2019.
- "Krishna District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 513, 530. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "Administrative Setup". Krishna District Official Website. National Informatics Centre. Archived from the original on 20 October 2014. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Pedana
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "Details of Roads in Each ULB of Andhra Pradesh". Commissioner and Directorate of Municipal Administration. Municipal Administration and Urban Development Department - Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original on 1 August 2016. Retrieved 28 March 2017.
- "National Highways in A.P". AP Online Portal. Archived from the original on 10 October 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "Vijayawada Division - A Profile" (PDF). South Central Railway. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 19 January 2016.
- Naga Sridhar, G (9 November 2015). "A port all at sea". The Hindu Business Line. G NAGA SRIDHAR. Archived from the original on 9 April 2016. Retrieved 11 December 2015.
- "School Education Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 December 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
|This article about a location in Krishna district is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|