|• Type||Chairman–ward members|
|• Chairman||Y.Seshagiri Rao (Telugu Desam Party)|
|• Total||20.72 km2 (8.00 sq mi)|
|Elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|• Density||1,500/km2 (3,800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Pedana is a town in Krishna district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is a municipality and the headquarters of Pedana mandal under Machilipatnam revenue division. It is located at a distance of 8 km (5.0 mi) from the district headquarters, Machilipatnam.
Pedana is located at  It has an average elevation of 0.5 metres (3 feet)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Pedana Municipality had a population of 30,835. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Pedana has an average literacy rate of 60%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 66%, and female literacy is 54%. In Pedana, 12% of the population under 6 years of age. This municipality was constituted in 1985 with 17 revenue wards and 20 election wards. Now this municipality has 23 election wards.
The town is well connected to many towns and cities by means of rail and road transportation. NH 214A passes through the town which connects Digamarru and Ongole. Pedana railway station is classified as a D–category stations in the Vijayawada railway division of South Central Railway zone.
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "YSR Congress Claims Three Civic Chief Posts in Krishna". The New Indian Express. Machilipatnam. 4 July 2014. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "Census of India Search details". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "Krishna District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 513,530. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "Administrative Setup". Krishna District Official Website. National Informatics Centre. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Pedana
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "National Highways in A.P". AP Online Portal. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "Vijayawada Division - A Profile" (PDF). South Central Railway. Retrieved 19 January 2016.
- Naga Sridhar, G (9 November 2015). "A port all at sea". The Hindu Business Line. G NAGA SRIDHAR. Archived from the original on 9 April 2016. Retrieved 11 December 2015.
|This article about a location in Krishna district is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|