Tewitfield Methodist Church
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||North West England|
Priest Hutton is a village and civil parish in Lancashire, England. It is located 5 kilometres (3 mi) north east of Carnforth, in the City of Lancaster, close to the boundary with Cumbria. In the 2001 census Priest Hutton had a population of 177, increasing to 185 at the 2011 Census.
The village, situated off the A6070 is in a rural area, and has few facilities of its own. The village school closed in 1978, and the nearest school and post office are at Burton-in-Kendal, north of the county boundary. Other facilities, such as Borwick and Priest Hutton Memorial Hall, and St Mary's Church, are shared with the neighbouring village of Borwick, south of Priest Hutton. Priest Hutton has no parish council, instead there is a parish meeting at the Memorial Hall.
- Office for National Statistics : Census 2001 : Parish Headcounts : Lancaster Retrieved 14 February 2010
- "Parish population 2011". Retrieved 8 June 2015.
- "Priest Hutton Parish Meeting". Lancashire County Council. Retrieved 2009-02-08.
- Lakin, Nick (2008-07-24). "Burton-in-Kendal feature". Lancaster Guardian. Johnston Press. Retrieved 2008-02-08.
- "'Townships: Priest Hutton', A History of the County of Lancaster: Volume 8 (1914)". British History Online. University of London & History of Parliament Trust. pp. 182–183. Retrieved 2009-02-08.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Priest Hutton.|
|This Lancashire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|