Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg
|Born||Sibilla Sandra Weiller y Torlonia|
12 June 1968
Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg (m. 1994)
|Issue||Prince Paul Louis of Nassau|
Prince Léopold of Nassau
Princess Charlotte of Nassau
Prince Jean of Nassau
|Mother||Donna Olimpia Torlonia di Civitella-Cesi|
|* Prince/ss of Nassau not of Luxembourg|
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sibilla has three surviving sisters: Aliki Béatrice Victoria (1967), married to André Aranha Correia do Lago; Cosima Marie Elisabeth Edmée (1984); and Domitilla Louise Marie (1985). A younger sister Laura Daphne Lavinia (1974-1980) and brother, Paul Alexandre (1970-1970) died in childhood. The family lived in Geneva.
Princess Sibilla is a second cousin of the current King Felipe VI of Spain; her grandmother was Infanta Beatriz of Spain, the aunt of King Juan Carlos I of Spain. She also is a second cousin of the actress Brooke Shields; they share great-grandparents. Sibilla's grandfather, Prince Alessandro was the brother of Brooke Shields' grandmother Marina Torlonia.
Education and career
Princess Sibilla was educated at the Institut Florimont, Geneva, graduating with a baccalaureate in economics with honours. She then studied at the École du Louvre in Paris, graduating with a diploma in Art History in 1991. She worked at the Musée des Monuments Français.
Princess Sibilla then studied contemporary art in London, and worked for different galleries, before opening her own gallery in 1993.
Sibilla Weiller married her distant cousin Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg, Prince of Nassau and Parma, son of Jean, Grand Duke of Luxembourg and Princess Joséphine-Charlotte of Belgium, civilly on 8 September 1994 and religiously on 24 September 1994 in Versailles, receiving the title Princess of Luxembourg. The bride wore a Valentino wedding gown.
Guillaume and Sibilla have four children, who carry the title Prince(ss) of Nassau with the style Royal Highness. Their sons have succession rights:
- Prince Paul Louis Jean Marie Guillaume of Nassau (b. Luxembourg, 4 March/24 March 1998). Paul Louis is godson of his cousin, Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg
- Prince Léopold Guillaume Marie Joseph of Nassau (b. Luxembourg, 2 May 2000). His godparents are Archduke Martin of Austria and Elvire Paste de Rochefort.
- Princess Charlotte Wilhelmine Maria da Gloria of Nassau (b. Luxembourg, 2 May 2000). Her godparents are Philippe Jaczynski and Donna Pilar Méndez de Vigo y Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg.
- Prince Jean André Guillaume Marie Gabriel Marc d'Aviano of Nassau (b. Luxembourg, 13 July/15 July 2004). His godparents are André Aranha Correia do Lago (mother's brother-in-law) and Countess Gabriella von Waldburg-Zeil.
Sibilla and Guillaume are related to each other distantly in several different ways, but the closest is as fifth cousins once removed in descent from Charles IV of Spain, Francis I of the Two Sicilies, Francis, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld, and Frederick William, Prince of Nassau-Weilburg.
|Ancestors of Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg|
- "Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg". Luxarazzi blog.
- Order of Splendor: Valentino Gowns http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/wedding-wednesday-valentino-gowns.html
- Sibilla and Guillaume attending Haakon of Norway's wedding in 2001