2019 British Grand Prix
|2019 British Grand Prix|
Race 10 of 21 in the 2019 Formula One World Championship|
Layout of the Silverstone Circuit
|Date||14 July 2019|
|Official name||Formula 1 Rolex British Grand Prix 2019|
Silverstone, United Kingdom
|Course||Permanent racing facility|
|Course length||5.891 km (3.660 mi)|
|Distance||52 laps, 306.198 km (190.263 mi)|
|Time||1:27.369 on lap 52 (lap record)|
The 2019 British Grand Prix (formally known as the Formula 1 Rolex British Grand Prix 2019) was a Formula One motor race held on 14 July 2019 at the Silverstone Circuit in Silverstone, United Kingdom. The race was the tenth round of the 2019 Formula One World Championship. It marked seventy-fourth running of the British Grand Prix, the seventieth time that the race has been run as a World Championship event and the fifty-fourth time that the World Championship event has been held at the Silverstone Circuit. Lewis Hamilton won the race for a record sixth time.
Formally called the "Formula 1 Rolex British Grand Prix 2019", this was a Formula One Grand Prix event and the tenth round of the 2019 Formula One World Championship. The event took place over the weekend of 12-14 July 2019 at the Silverstone motor racing circuit in Northamptonshire. The circuit has a lap length of 5.891 km (3.660 miles) and, prior to the race, a lap record time of 1 minute 30.621 seconds, set by Lewis Hamilton during the 2017 British Grand Prix. The race length is set as 306.198 km (190.263 miles), which is 52 laps of the circuit. With the first British Grand Prix having been held in 1926 and the second in 1927 and then there having been one held each year since 1948, with each since 1950 being world championship events, the 2019 event was the 74th time that the British Grand Prix has been held and the 70th time it has been a World Championship event.
Championship standings before the race
Heading into the race Lewis Hamilton had a 31 point advantage over team mate Valtteri Bottas in the Drivers' Championship. In the Constructors' Championship Mercedes held a 135 point advantage over Ferrari.
The drivers and teams entered were the same as those on the season entry list with no additional stand-in drivers for either the race or practice.
The first practice session ended with Pierre Gasly fastest for Red Bull almost half a second ahead of second placed Valtteri Bottas who was a further 0.4 seonds ahead of Gasly's teammate Max Verstappen. The only major incidents were Romain Grosjean crashing his car on the pit exit and Kimi Räikkönen's Alfa Romeo stopping on the Wellington straight, the latter on which brought out a red flag. The drivers all struggled with track grip levels throughout the session due to the track having been recently resurfaced and although there was some brief rain it had little impact on the running in the session.
|4||33||Max Verstappen||Red Bull Racing-Honda||1:25.700||1:25.848||1:25.276||4|
|5||10||Pierre Gasly||Red Bull Racing-Honda||1:26.273||1:26.038||1:25.590||5|
|9||23||Alexander Albon||Scuderia Toro Rosso-Honda||1:26.482||1:26.403||1:26.345||9|
|11||99||Antonio Giovinazzi||Alfa Romeo Racing-Ferrari||1:26.449||1:26.519||N/A||11|
|12||7||Kimi Räikkönen||Alfa Romeo Racing-Ferrari||1:26.558||1:26.546||N/A||12|
|13||55||Carlos Sainz Jr.||McLaren-Renault||1:26.203||1:26.578||N/A||13|
|15||11||Sergio Pérez||Racing Point-BWT Mercedes||1:26.649||1:26.928||N/A||15|
|17||26||Daniil Kvyat||Scuderia Toro Rosso-Honda||1:26.721||N/A||N/A||17|
|18||18||Lance Stroll||Racing Point-BWT Mercedes||1:26.762||N/A||N/A||18|
|107% time: 1:31.498|
- ^1 – Includes one point for fastest lap.
- ^2 – Sebastian Vettel originally finished 15th, but received a 10-second time penalty for causing a collision with Max Verstappen.
Championship standings after the race
- "Race weekend". F1. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- "Silverstone Circuit". F1. Archived from the original on 13 July 2019. Retrieved 17 July 2019.CS1 maint: Unfit url (link)
- Rose, Gary (5 July 2014). "British GP: Sir Stirling Moss remembers first Silverstone race". BBC Sport. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- "Austria 2019 - Championship". Stats F1. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "2019 British Grand Prix – Entry List". Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile. 11 July 2019. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "FP1: Late charge puts Gasly and Red Bull on top at Silverstone". F1. 12 July 2019. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- "Formula 1 Rolex British Grand Prix – Qualifying". F1. 13 July 2019. Retrieved 13 July 2019.
- "Lewis Hamilton wins F1 British Grand Prix for record sixth time". Guardian. 14 July 2019. Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- "Silverstone Circuit". F1. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "Formula 1 Rolex British Grand Prix – Race Result". F1. 14 July 2019. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
2019 Austrian Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship
2019 German Grand Prix
2018 British Grand Prix
|British Grand Prix||Next race:|
2020 British Grand Prix
|This Formula One–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|