|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|ISO 3166 code||ISO 3166-2:IN|
Uttar Dinajpur district is divided into two administrative subdivisions: 
|Uttar Dinajpur district||Raiganj||3,140.00||3,007,134||12.05||87.95|
Raiganj subdivision has 4 police stations, 4 community development blocks, 4 panchayat samitis, 39 gram panchayats, 747 mouzas, 745 inhabited villages, 2 municipalities and 3 census towns. The municipalities are at Raiganj and Kaliaganj. The census towns are: Nachhratpur Katabari, Kasba and Itahar. The subdivision has its headquarters at Raiganj.
|Police station||Area covered
|Border (km)||Population||Municipal town/ city||CD Block|
|SC %||ST %||Hindus %||Muslims %||Literacy
- Hemtabad block: Rural area consists of five gram panchayats, viz. Bangalbari, Chainagar, Naoda, Bishnupur and Hemtabad.
- Itahar block: Rural area consists of 12 gram panchayats, viz. Chhayghara, Gulandar–I, Joyhat, Patirajpur, Durgapur, Gulandar–II, Kapasia, Surun–I, Durlovpur, Itahar, Marnai and Surun–II.
- Kaliaganj block: Rural area consists of eight gram panchayats, viz. Anantapur, Bhandar, Dhankoil, Mustafanagar, Baruna, Bochadanga, Malgaon and Radhikapur.
- Raiganj block: Rural area consists of 14 gram panchayats, viz. Bahin, Gouri, Mahipur, Sitgram, Barua, Jagadishpur, Maraikura, Bhatun, Bindole, Kamalabari–I, Rampur Maharajahat, Birghoi, Kamalabari–II and Serpur.
Uttar Dinajpur district had a literacy rate of 59.07% (for population of 7 years and above) as per the census of India 2011. Raiganj subdivision had a literacy rate of 66.94%, Islampur subdivision 52.40%.
Given in the table below (data in numbers) is a comprehensive picture of the education scenario in Uttar Dinajpur district for the year 2012-13:
|Uttar Dinajpur district||1,570||276,440||155||22,062||45||31,962||226||268,086||6||28,017||7||1,020||4,866||333,041|
Note: Primary schools include junior basic schools; middle schools, high schools and higher secondary schools include madrasahs; technical schools include junior technical schools, junior government polytechnics, industrial technical institutes, industrial training centres, nursing training institutes etc.; technical and professional colleges include engineering colleges, medical colleges, para-medical institutes, management colleges, teachers training and nursing training colleges, law colleges, art colleges, music colleges etc. Special and non-formal education centres include sishu siksha kendras, madhyamik siksha kendras, centres of Rabindra mukta vidyalaya, recognised Sanskrit tols, institutions for the blind and other handicapped persons, Anganwadi centres, reformatory schools etc.
The following institutions are located in Raiganj subdivision:
- Raiganj University came into being in 2015, with the upgradation of Raiganj College (University College), which was initially set up in 1948 as Raiganj College.
- Raiganj Government Medical College and Hospital was established in 2018, incorporating the District Hospital.
- Raiganj Surendranath Mahavidyalaya was established in 1986.
- Kaliyaganj College was established in 1968 at Kaliaganj.
- Dr. Meghnad Saha College was established in 2000 at Village: Ranipur, PO Tilna, PS Itahar.
- Raiganj Polytechnic was established in 1986. 
- Raiganj B.ED. College was established in 1981.
- Netaji Subhas Ch. Bose Teachers Training College was established at Village: Ratanpur, PO Bindole, PS Raiganj.
- Moulana Abul Kalam Azad B.Ed. College was established in 2005 at Village: Bagbari, PO Itahar.
The table below (all data in numbers) presents an overview of the medical facilities available and patients treated in the hospitals, health centres and sub-centres in 2013 in Uttar Dinajpur district.
|Subdivision||Health & Family Welfare Deptt, WB||Other
|Uttar Dinajpur district||3||1||7||19||1||1||-||13||45||1,229||126||112,058||2,774,192|
.* Excluding nursing homes
Medical facilities available in Raiganj subdivision are as follows:
Hospitals: (Name, location, beds)
Raiganj District Hospital, Raiganj, 300 beds
Kasba Police Hospital, PO Debipur, Raiganj, 50 beds
Kaliaganj State General Hospital, Kaliaganj, 60 beds
Rural Hospitals: (Name, CD block, location, beds)
Itahar Rural Hospital, Itahar CD block, Itahar, 30 beds
Hemtabad Rural Hospital, Hemtabad CD block, Uttar Dinajpur, 30 beds
Block Primary Health Centre: (Name, block, location, beds)
Rampur BPHC, Raiganj CD block, Rampur, 10 beds
Kunour BPHC, Kaliaganj CD block, Kunour, 10 beds
Primary Health Centres: (CD Block-wise)(CD block, PHC location, beds)
Raiganj CD block: PO Bhupalpur (Durgapur PHC) (6), PO Bhupalpur (Bindol PHC) (6), PO Bholahat (Bhatun PHC) (10)
Itahar CD block: Marani (10), Churaman (6), Paraharipur (Surun PHC) (6)
Kaliaganj CD block: Majhiar (6)
Hemtabad CD block: Bangalbari (10), Baharail (6)
|Lok Sabha constituency||Reservation||Vidhan Sabha constituency||Reservation||CD Block and/or Gram panchayats and/or municipal areas|
|Raiganj||None||Raiganj||None||Raiganj municipality, and Bahin, Maraikup, Gouri, Kamalabati I and Kamalabati II GPs of Raiganj CD block|
|Kaliaganj||Reserved for SC||Kaliaganj municipality, Kaliaganj CD block and Barua and Birghai GPs of Raiganj CD Block|
|Hemtabad||Reserved for SC||Hemtabad CD block and Bhatol, Bindol, Jagadishpur, Mahipur, Sherpur, Rampur and Sitgram GPs of Raiganj CD block|
|Other assembly segments outside the subdivision|
|Balurghat||None||Itahar||None||Itahar CD block|
|Other assembly segments outside the subdivision|
- "District Statistical Handbook 2013 Uttar Dinajpur". Table 2.1 , 2.2, 2.4b. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 4 January 2019.
- "Uttar Dinajpur District Police". PS Information. District Police. Retrieved 4 January 2019.
- "District Census Handbook Uttar Dinajpur, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Map of Uttar Dinajpur district on the fifth page. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 4 January 2019.
- "BDO Offices under Uttar Dinajpur District". Department of Mass Education Extension & Library Services, Government of West Bengal. West Bengal Public Library Network. Retrieved 4 January 2019.
- "Directory of District, Subdivision, Panchayat Samiti/ Block and Gram Panchayats in West Bengal". Dakshin Dinajpur - Revised in March 2008. Panchayats and Rural Development Department, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 4 January 2019.
- "List of Districts/C.D.Blocks/ Police Stations with Code No., Number of G.Ps and Number of Mouzas". Census of India, Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Archived from the original on 13 February 2010. Retrieved 4 January 2019. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "District Statistical Handbook 2013 Uttar Dinajpur". Basic data: Table 4.4, 4.5, Clarifications: other related tables. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 7 January 2019.
- "Raiganj University". RU. Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- "Raiganj Government Medical College and Hospital". RGMCH. Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- "Raiganj Surendranath Mahavidyalaya". RSM. Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- "Kaliyaganj College". KC. Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- "Dr. Meghnad Saha College". DMSC. Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- "Raiganj Polytechnic". RP. Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- "RBEdC". Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- "Netaji Subhas Ch. Bose Teachers Training College". NSCBTTC. Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- "Moulana Abul Kalam Azad B.Ed. College". College Admission. Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Uttar Dinajpur". Table 3.1, 3.3. Department of Planning, Statistics and Programme Monitoring, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 7 January 2019.
- "Health & Family Welfare Department". Health Statistics. Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18, 15 February 2006" (PDF). West Bengal. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- Raiganj travel guide from Wikivoyage