|community development block|
|• Type||Community development block|
|• Total||191.60 km2 (73.98 sq mi)|
|• Density||620/km2 (1,600/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Raiganj|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Hemtabad|
Hemtabad (community development block) is an administrative division in Raiganj subdivision of Uttar Dinajpur district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Hemtabad police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Hemtabad.
Hemtabad is located at.
Gram panchayats of Hemtabad block/ panchayat samiti are:
- Naoda.Teltala Public Place
As per 2011 Census of India Hemtabad CD Block had a total population of 142,056 all of which were rural . There were 72,624 males and 68,432 females. Scheduled Castes numbered 49,446 and Scheduled Tribes numbered 6,491.
In the 2011 census the total number of literates in Hemtabad CD Block was 82,874 out of which 45,939 were males and 36,935 were females.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Uttar Dinajpur district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Uttar Dinajpur district (04). Census Commissioner of India. Archived from the original on 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "BRGF Allotment Order No. 5". Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 31 August 2015.