Itahar (community development block)
ইটাহার সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Type||Community development block|
|• Total||362.82 km2 (140.09 sq mi)|
|• Density||690/km2 (1,800/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Balurghat|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Itahar|
Itahar (community development block) is an administrative division in Raiganj subdivision of Uttar Dinajpur district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Itahar police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Itahar.
Itahar is located at.
Floods in Murshidabad, Malda and Uttar Dinajpr districts of West Bengal are a regular feature. They destroy the economy, life and property of the people including agricultural crop. A comprehensive plan document or Master Plan has been drawn up but floods continue to plague the region. Mahananda and Sui rivers destroy Itahar every year.
As per 2011 Census of India Itahar CD Block had a total population of 303,678 of which 297,656 were rural and 6,022 were urban. There were 155,777 males and 147,901 females. Scheduled Castes numbered 78,177 and Scheduled Tribes numbered 25,334.
As per 2011 census the total number of literates in Itahar CD Block was 153,345 out of which 86,345 were males and 67,000 were females.
The Gazole-Itahar rail track, off the recently promised to be constructed (2002-2004) . It is not progressed even it is 2015 Eklakhi-Balurghat line, this is the promise by politics nothing else and is showing phase 1 of the Gazole-Raiganj rail link. The Balurghat-Eklakhi railway line was taken up in 1983-84.
NH 34 passes through the block.
With the 2008 bird flu outbreak in West Bengal, 16,000 birds were destroyed in Gualadar and Surun gram panchayats under Itahar police station, but some villagers refused to kill their birds and health workers had to retreat from such villages.
- Itahar High School(H.S)
- Churaman P.C. HIgh School(H.S.)
- Kapasiya A.M. High School(H.S)
- Itahar Girls High School(H.S)
- Banbol HIgh School(H.S)
- Banbol Girls` High School(H.S)
- Marnai S.C. High School(H.S.)
- Sibrampur HIgh school
- Baidara Janakalyan High School
- Rajgram high school
- Banagram sb high school
- Bhupal chandra vidyapith
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Uttar Dinajpur district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Uttar Dinajpur district (04). Census Commissioner of India. Archived from the original on 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "XIII Lok Sabha debates". Session I Thursday, October 28, 1999/Kartika 6, 1921 (Saka). Parliament of India. Retrieved 2008-02-05.
- "BRGF Allotment Order No. 5". Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- "Projects commissioned up to 30.11.2007". Construction. North-Eastern Frontier Railway. Retrieved 2008-02-02.
- "Balurghat-Eklakhi Railway Line". Press Release, 10 April 2003. Press Information Bureau. Retrieved 2008-02-05.
- "Bridge construction hangs in balance". North Bengal and Sikkim Plus. The Statesman, 9 November 2007. Retrieved 2011-03-14.[dead link]
- "Bird flu spreads". North Bengal and Sikkim Plus. The Statesman, 18 January 2008. Retrieved 2008-02-05.
- "16,000 birds culled in". North Bengal and Sikkim Plus. The Statesman, 31 January 2008. Retrieved 2008-02-05.