|Elevation||40 m (130 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Raiganj|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Raiganj|
Raiganj Pron:ˈraɪˌgʌnʤ) (Bengali: রায়গঞ্জ) is a city and a municipality in Uttar Dinajpur district in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is the headquarters of a district as well as a subdivision.
Raiganj is known for Raiganj Wildlife Sanctuary (also called the Kulik bird sanctuary), home to a large population of Asian openbills and other waterbirds and it has the 2nd largest church in India.
In the 2011 census, Raiganj Urban Agglomeration had a population of 199,758, out of which 104,966 were males and 94,792 were females. The 0–6 years population was 22,028. Effective literacy rate for the 7+ population was 81.71 per cent.
As of 2001[update] India census, Raiganj had a population of 165,222. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Raiganj has an average literacy rate of 75%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 79%, and female literacy is 71%. In Raiganj, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Raiganj(English Medium)
- Raiganj Coronation High School
- Sudarshanpur Dwarika Prasad Uccha Vidyachakra
- Raiganj Girl's High School
- Raiganj Sri Sri Ramkrishna Vidya Bhaban
- Mohanbati High School
- Kailash Chandra Radharani Vidyapith
- Maharaja Jagadish Nath High School
- Devinagar Gayalal Ramhari Girls High School
- Devinagar Gayalal Ramhari High Schools
- St. Xaviers School (English Medium)
- Sarada Vidya Mandir(English Medium)
- Kishalay K.G School
- Rohini Smriti Sishu Tirtha Nursery School
- Parbati Devi Balika Vidyalaya
- Bethany Mission School
- Karnajora High School (H.S.)
- Udaypur Balika Vidya Niketan (H.S.)
- Kashibati Vivekananda Vidya Pith (H.S.)
- Kochi Kancha Creche & Play School .
- Raiganj Ten Class Girls High School.
- (Raiganj University Estd:2015)
- Raiganj Surendranath Mahavidyalaya
- Raiganj Polytechnic College
- Raiganj B. Ed. College
- Raiganj Institute of Science & Management RIMS
- Top Class Education (Distance Edu), Siliguri More, Raiganj,
- Raiganj ZED C A
- Netaji Subhash Ch. Bose Teachers Training College (B.ed), Bindole, Raiganj
- Raiganj District Hospital
- Upasam Nursing Home
- Jeevan Rekha Clinic
- Purabi Nursing Home
- Sudha Nursing Home
- Prayas Clinic
- Nivedita Nurshing Home
There is a Raiganj municipality.It is divided into 25 wards a.Currently, the Indian National Congress, which has 22 elected councillors, controls the municipal board. Mr.Mohit Sengupta of the Congress is the current chairman of the outgoing board.
In year 2008 23 March, The Union I&B and Parliamentary affairs minister Mr Priyaranjan Dasmunshi inaugurated the newly constructed Raiganj Bhawan in Kolkata(Kasba area).
- Local Dances: Khan dance, Natua, Jang Gan, Mokha Dance and Halna Halnani dances
- Handicrafts: Terracota and jute decorative articles
- "Census of India Search details". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "Uttar Dinajpur Rail Network Map". Maps of India. Retrieved 2008-02-02.
- "Urban Agglomerations/Cities having population 1 lakh and above" (PDF). Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-21.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.