Raritan station from the eastern end of the High Bridge-bound platform in March 2014.
|Location||20 Railroad Avenue,
Raritan, New Jersey
|Owned by||New Jersey Transit|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Passengers (2012)||638 (average weekday)|
|Location||Anderson and Thompson Sts., Raritan, New Jersey|
|Area||1 acre (0.4 ha)|
|Architectural style||Late Gothic Revival, Other, Romanesque, Richardsonian Romanesque|
|MPS||Operating Passenger Railroad Stations TR|
|NRHP reference #||84002824|
|Added to NRHP||June 22, 1984|
Raritan is a New Jersey Transit railroad station on the Raritan Valley Line, in Raritan, Somerset County, New Jersey, United States, north of the town center on Thompson Street. The station building is south of the tracks in the main parking lot and was built in the early 1890s. There are also three other small lots for this station.
Raritan is the westernmost stop served by most Raritan Valley Line trains, as well as daily service. Service between Raritan and High Bridge operates during weekdays only.
The station building has been listed in the state and federal registers of historic places since 1984 and is part of the Operating Passenger Railroad Stations Thematic Resource. It houses the local VFW Post inside. A small section is still open during the winter with heaters so passengers do not have to wait outside.
|■ Raritan Valley Line||toward High Bridge (North Branch)|
|■ Raritan Valley Line||toward Hoboken or New York (Somerville)|
- "Raritan Valley Line Timetables" (PDF). Newark, New Jersey: New Jersey Transit Rail Operations. November 7, 2010. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- Bernhart, Benjamin L. (2004). Historic Journeys By Rail: Central Railroad of New Jersey Stations, Structures & Marine Equipment. Outer Station Project. p. 68. ISBN 1891402072.
- "QUARTERLY RIDERSHIP TRENDS ANALYSIS". New Jersey Transit. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 27, 2012. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places". New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection - Historic Preservation Office. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- Raritan New Jersey Transit Railroad Station Survey
- National Register of Historical Places -- Somerset County, New Jersey
Media related to Raritan (NJT station) at Wikimedia Commons
|This New Jersey train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|