This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014)
|Headquarters||Albuquerque, New Mexico|
|Picture format||720p (HDTV)|
(HD feed downgraded to letterboxed 480i for SDTVs)
|Launched||September 27, 2006; 14 years ago|
|Former names||ReelzChannel (2006–12)|
|Available on most other U.S. cable systems||Consult your local cable provider for channel availability|
|DirecTV||Channel 238 (HD/SD)|
Channel 1238 (VOD; HD)
|Dish Network||Channel 299 (HD/SD)|
Channel 9504 (HD)
|Verizon FiOS||Channel 692 (HD)|
|AT&T U-verse||Channel 1799 (HD)|
Channel 799 (SD)
|Sling TV||Internet Protocol television|
Reelz (formerly known as Reelz Channel) is an American digital cable and satellite television network owned by Hubbard Broadcasting. The network's programming was formerly devoted to entertainment-oriented programming focusing on the Hollywood film and entertainment industry, with programs featuring information on theatrical film releases as well as information on movies released on DVD and airing on cable television. Currently, outside a few entertainment programs, repeats of the Oxygen series Snapped, and some reality series and films, the network mainly airs original and acquired films, series, and documentaries about celebrity scandals.
As of February 2015, Reelz is available to approximately 68.2 million pay television households (58.6% of households with at least one television set) in the United States.
The network launched on September 27, 2006 as ReelzChannel, initially available on satellite providers DirecTV and Dish Network. The network originally maintained a programming focus similar to the original format of E! (and its predecessor MovieTime), focusing on programs about the entertainment industry including movie review and junket interview series. The network eventually signed carriage agreements with various cable providers including Time Warner Cable, Comcast, Charter Communications and Altice.
In early 2009, ReelzChannel moved its operations from Los Angeles, California, to Albuquerque, New Mexico, where Hubbard owns that city's NBC-affiliated television station KOB. KOB and ReelzChannel, however, maintain separate facilities. At that point, the network shifted its programming focus to incorporate acquired series alongside its entertainment news programs. In August 2011, ReelzChannel debuted its first miniseries, The Kennedys. An unauthorized biopic centering on President John F. Kennedy, Jackie Kennedy and the Camelot empire, ReelzChannel acquired the rights to the film after it was passed by History. In November 2012, the network shortened its name to simply Reelz.
Reelz airs 95% original programming produced both in the US and internationally. For example, the network premiered a docudrama in 2017, Titanic: Sinking The Myths, starring Ed Asner, examining the circumstances surrounding the ocean liner disaster. Although some programming is internationally acquired, most is produced by Reelz, with pop music series The Story of the Songs co-produced with Viacom so that both Reelz and Channel 5 (in the UK) get the rights to show the program. The network also runs segments twice each hour called REELZ Recommends, which highlighted programs available via video on demand. These segments are hosted by REELZ talent and celebrity experts.
- Autopsy: The Last Hours Of...
- Behind Closed Doors with Natalie Morales
- Behind the Screams
- Breaking the Band
- Celebrity Damage Control
- Celebrity Legacies
- Celebrity Page (formerly OK!TV)
- Charles Manson's Bloodline
- CopyCat Killers
- Demons in the City of Angels
- Executed with Deborah Norville
- Fortune Fights
- Friends Speak
- Gangsters: America's Most Evil
- Hollywood 911
- Hollywood Scandals
- How to Survive a Murder
- Murder in the Family with Geraldo Rivera
- Murder Made Me Famous
- The Price of Fame
- The Real Story of ...
- Scandal Made Me Famous
- The Story of the Songs (also known in the United Kingdom under the titles Whitney/Madonna/Celine Dion: The Secrets of Her Biggest Hits and Rod Stewart: The Secrets of His Biggest Hits)
- Serial Psyche
- 3rd Rock from the Sun
- Ally McBeal
- Beverly Hills Pawn
- Branson Taxi
- Brothers & Sisters
- Carson's Comedy Classics
- The Capones
- Celebrity Close Calls
- Celebrity Ghost Stories
- Cold Case Files
- EP Daily
- Fan Addicts!
- Final 24
- Focus On: Movies
- Full Throttle Saloon
- Hollywood Dailies
- Hollywood Hillbillies
- Hollywood's Top Ten
- Mark at the Movies
- Maltin on Movies
- Movie Mob
- Movies & Music
- Naked Trailers
- Night Court
- Pacific Blue
- Polka Kings
- Screen Machines
- Secret's Out
- Spin City
- Storage Hunters
- Treasure King
- The Big Tease
- The Countdown
- The Critic
- The Larry Sanders Show
- TMZ Hollywood Sports (now TMZ Sports on Fox Sports 1)
- The Ollie and Moon Show
- JFK: The Smoking Gun
- The Kennedys
- The Kennedys: After Camelot
- The Pillars of the Earth
- World Without End
- Aaron Hernandez's Killing Fields (2020) 
Reelz HD is a high definition simulcast of Reelz broadcasting in the 720p resolution format, which launched on August 1, 2010. The first provider to carry the feed was AT&T U-verse, which began carrying ReelzChannel HD on September 27, 2010; Dish Network carried the HD feed as a free preview from March 30 to May 4, 2011. DirecTV began carrying the HD feed on September 26, 2014. DirecTV also carries ReelzChannel's video on demand content in HD. Verizon Fios began carrying the HD feed on March 25, 2017.
ReelzChannel In Your Room
Reelz formerly operated a service for hotels in partnership with LodgeNet, called ReelzChannel In Your Room. This featured a mix of Reelz's original programming with reviews of films available on a hotel's video on demand service.
- Seidman, Robert (February 22, 2015). "List of how many homes each cable network is in as of February 2015". TV by the Numbers. Zap2it. Archived from the original on February 23, 2015. Retrieved March 14, 2015.
- Reelz Channel launches today TV Squad.com September 27, 2006 Joel Keller
- LURED BY GOVERNOR RICHARDSON AND THE NEW MEXICO FILM OFFICE REELZ CHANNEL MAKES BOLD MOVE TO RELOCATE CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS TO ALBUQUERQUE IN EARLY 2009 Reelz Channel Press Release January 7, 2009.
- ReelzChannel To Air ‘Kennedys' Miniseries Multichannel News February 1, 2011
- "The Story of the Songs".
- "Reelz set to tell "The Story of the Songs" with Viacom International Studios UK".
- "Shows - REELZChannel". Reelz.com. Retrieved August 7, 2016.
- "ReelzChannel". Zap2it. Retrieved August 7, 2016.
- White, Peter (July 17, 2018). "Reelz To Air DRG-Funded Charles Manson Documentary Series 'Manson's Bloodline'".
- "Whitney: Secrets of Her Biggest Hits: Whitney Houston - S1". Radio Times.
- "The Story of the Songs Series and Episode Guides | TV from RadioTimes". Radio Times.
- "Madonna: Secrets of Her Biggest Hits: Madonna - S1". Radio Times.
- "Crime Drama Series "Cracked" Makes Its U.S. Premiere Friday, August 30, 2013 at 10PM ET/7PM PT". The Futon Critic. August 6, 2013.
- Barnett, David C. (January 27, 2015). "The Unlikely Comeback of Polka". Ideastream. Retrieved April 29, 2015.
- D'Astolfo, Guy (April 9, 2015). "Chardon Polka Band reality TV show premieres Saturday". The Vindicator. Retrieved April 29, 2015.
- Richmond, Ray (July 28, 2013). "TCA: ReelzChannel Unveils 'JFK: The Smoking Gun,' 'The Capones,' 'Hollywood Hillbillies'". Deadline Hollywood.
- ReelzChannel Picks Up 'Pillars Of The Earth' Deadline.com August 30, 2011
- 'World Without End' Miniseries Heads to ReelzChannel HollywoodReporter.com May 22, 2012
- "Reelz Announces New Programming for January 2020". The Futon Critic. December 20, 2019.
- O'Neil, Tom (June 6, 2010). "'Modern Family' leads nominations for new Critics' Choice TV Awards". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved June 8, 2011.
- Ausiello, Michael (June 6, 2010). "Mad Men, Fringe, Good Wife, Modern Family, Community, Justified Lead Critics Choice Kudos". TVLine. Retrieved June 8, 2011.
- Natalie Tadena (July 2, 2015).Donald Trump's Miss USA Pageant Lands on Reelz Cable Channel. Wall Street Journal.
- "REELZCHANNEL to Offer "The Kennedys" in High Definition Nationwide Only on DISH Network". PRWeb.
- "Reelz (238) and Ovation (274) HD coming (now launched) | Page 2". SatelliteGuys.US. Retrieved August 7, 2016.