|Refrigerator Bowl (defunct)|
|Stadium||Arad McCutchan Stadium|
The Refrigerator Bowl was a college football bowl game played annually from 1948 until 1956 in Evansville, Indiana. The game was named for the local refrigerator production. With 3,800 units a day being manufactured, Evansville at the time was known as the "refrigerator capital of the United States".
|Date played||Winning team||Losing team||Notes|
|December 4, 1948||Evansville||13||Missouri Valley College||7|||
|December 3, 1949||Evansville||22||Hillsdale College||7|||
|December 2, 1950||Abilene Christian||14||Gustavus Adolphus||7|||
|December 2, 1951||Arkansas State College||46||Camp Breckinridge||12|||
|December 7, 1952||Western Kentucky State College||34||Arkansas State||19|||
|December 6, 1953||Sam Houston State Teachers College||14||College of Idaho||12|||
|December 5, 1954||Delaware||19||Kent State||7|||
|December 4, 1955||Jacksonville State Teachers College||12||Rhode Island||10|||
|December 1, 1956||Sam Houston State Teachers College||27||Middle Tennessee State College||13|||
- "Missouri Valley's Streak Of 41 Grid Wins Snapped". The Hartford Courant. 1948-12-05.
- Evansville Athletics - Football
- "EVANSVILLE ON TOP, 22-7; Pins First Defeat on Hillsdale in Refrigerator Bowl". The New York Times. 1949-12-04.
- Athletic Hall of Fame - Gustavus Adolphus College
- "Arkansas State Wins Refrigerator Bowl". The Washington Post. 1951-12-03.
- Western Kentucky University Official Sports Site
- "REFRIGERATOR BOWL GAME WON BY W. KENTUCKY". Chicago Daily Tribune. 1952-12-08.
- ‘Yote Notes – Aug
- BuckeyeXtra - The Columbus Dispatch : Former Buckeye helped rebuild Kent State program
- "DELAWARE BEATS KENT STATE, 19-7; Wins in Refrigerator Bowl as Zaiser Scores Twice in Fourth Period". The New York Times. 1954-12-06.
- "Rhode Island Loses Refrigerator Bowl Duel To Jacksonville, Ala., State, 12-10". The Hartford Courant. 1955-12-05.
- ESPN - Middle Tennessee bowl history - College Football