Knight Township, Vanderburgh County, Indiana
Location in Vanderburgh County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||34.79 sq mi (90.1 km2)|
|• Land||34.19 sq mi (88.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.6 sq mi (2 km2) 1.72%|
|Elevation||387 ft (118 m)|
|• Density||1,987.3/sq mi (767.3/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47711, 47713, 47714, 47715|
|GNIS feature ID||453528|
Knight Township is one of eight townships in Vanderburgh County, Indiana, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 67,945 and it contained 33,472 housing units. Knight Township has the largest township population in Southwestern Indiana and is the home of nearly 40 percent of Vanderburgh County's population. On October 1, 2009, the City of Evansville officially annexed territory within Knight Township bounded between Burkhardt Road, the Lloyd Expressway and Morgan Avenue.
Knight Township was organized in 1840.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 34.79 square miles (90.1 km2), of which 34.19 square miles (88.6 km2) (or 98.28%) is land and 0.6 square miles (1.6 km2) (or 1.72%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Evansville (southern portion)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Oak Hill and Oates Memorial Park.
Airports and landing strips
- Saint Marys Medical Center Airport
- Cross Lake
- Angel Mounds
- University of Evansville
- Swonder Ice Arena
- Wesselman Woods
- Eastland Mall
- Washington Square Mall
- Indiana's 8th congressional district
- State House District 75
- State House District 77
- State House District 78
- State Senate District 49
- State Senate District 50
- Evansville City Ward 1
- Evansville City Ward 2
- Evansville City Ward 3
- Evansville City Ward 4
- Evansville City Ward 5
- "Knight Township, Vanderburgh County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Vanderburgh County, Indiana: From the Earliest Times to the Present. Brant & Fuller. 1889. p. 63.
||Center Township||Campbell Township, Warrick County|
|Pigeon Township||Ohio Township, Warrick County|