Right There (Ariana Grande song)
|Single by Ariana Grande featuring Big Sean|
|from the album Yours Truly|
|Released||August 6, 2013|
|Ariana Grande singles chronology|
"Right There" is a song by American singer Ariana Grande featuring rapper Big Sean. The song was released on August 6, 2013 as the third and final single from her debut studio album Yours Truly (2013). The song peaked at number 84 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100. The single is certified gold in the U.S. by the RIAA for selling over 500,000 copies. 
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
Grande has referred to "Right There" as "sort of a sequel" to her first top-ten single "The Way" due to the songs' similarities in melody and composition. The singer spoke of the mutual interest she and rapper Big Sean felt in wanting to collaborate but mentioned that it took some time for them to find the right song. She said, "We were talking about a few other songs together but it just never worked out and it never was the right moment and then finally 'Right There' came along. And we were like 'Oh this is it'."
While the song was originally released as a promotional track available for immediate download with pre-orders of Yours Truly on iTunes, Grande stated in an interview that it evolved into a single on its own: "'Right There' is kind of about to be the next single. I think we're going to do a video for it soon. It's just because of what's naturally happened with 'Right There'. Radio's just sort of started picking it up and fans seem to really be responding to that one."
The music video for the song was released on October 30, 2013. It takes place at a costume party in a mansion. Grande, dressed as Juliet, catches the eye of another party-goer dressed as Romeo. The two navigate the party trying to find each other and finally meet and get together at the end of the video. The role of Grande's love interest is played by Patrick Schwarzenegger, the son of action film actor Arnold Schwarzenegger. Grande's friend, 13 and Victorious co-star Elizabeth Gillies is also featured in the video. The video surpassed 100 million views on November 30, 2015, consequently making it Grande's ninth Vevo-certified music video after "Focus".
In 2013, Grande performed an acoustic version of "Right There" for POWER 106, Capital XTRA, SBTV Music, and Amp Radio Sound Space on September 30, 2013. She performed the single version at the Jimmy Kimmel Live!, the 94.9's WiLD Jam at The SAP Center in San Jose, California on December 15, 2013, and at the 2014 Dick Clark's New Years Rockin' Eve in Times Square. In 2014, Grande performed an acoustic version at MTV's 'Artist To Watch', where she was joined by Tori Kelly for the performance. The single version was performed at the 2014 Wango Tango, the White House Easter Egg Roll 2014 (which she performed with Big Sean), select showcases in Tokyo, Japan, to promote the release of her debut album "Yours Truly" in the country, as well as at the 2014 iHeartRadio Ultimate Pool Party.
Grande also performed the song as part of her headlining tour The Listening Sessions, during her opening concerts for Justin Bieber's Believe Tour, and the 2013 KIIS-FM Jingle Ball Tour. Grande performed the song in 2015 during The Honeymoon Tour as well.
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||113|
|UK R&B (Official Charts Company)||15|
|US Billboard Hot 100||84|
|US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)||8|
|US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)||37|
|US Rhythmic (Billboard)||8|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000^|
^shipments figures based on certification alone
- Mr. North. "New Music: Ariana Grande Feat. Big Sean "Right There"". Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- Lipshutz, Jason. "Ariana Grande Releases 'Right There' Song with Big Sean: Listen". Billboard. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- Grande, Ariana. "Grande Tweets about Right There". Twitter. Retrieved 15 May 2013.
- Vena, Jocelyn. "Ariana Grande Taps 'Good Dude' Big Sean For 'The Way' Sequel". MTV. Retrieved 29 July 2013.
- Lansky, Sam. "Ariana Grande Explains 5 Things To Know About Her New Album 'Yours Truly': Watch". Idolator. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- "Right There – Ariana Grande". YouTube. Retrieved 30 October 2013.
- Boardman, Madeline (30 October 2013). "Ariana Grande Gets Cozy With Patrick Schwarzenegger In 'Right There'". Huffington Post.
- Vena, Jocelyn. "Ariana Grande And Patrick Schwarzenegger Kiss Shakespeare-Style In 'Right There' Video". MTV. Retrieved 30 October 2013.
- "Right There - Ariana Grande - Vevo". November 30, 2015.
- "On Twitter: "Right There has once again reached 100,000,000 views and now has its Vevo Certification back!"". December 1, 2015.
- Tobias Zywietz. "The Official Zobbel Homepage". Zobbel.de. Retrieved 2014-01-21.
- "Archive Chart: 2013-08-25" UK R&B Chart.
- "Ariana Grande – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Ariana Grande.
- "Chart Search". Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs for Ariana Grande. Retrieved June 11, 2016.
- "Chart Search". Billboard Pop Songs for Ariana Grande. Retrieved June 11, 2016.
- "Ariana Grande – Chart history" Billboard Rhythmic Songs for Ariana Grande.
- "American single certifications – Ariana Grande – Right There". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved November 2014. Check date values in:
|access-date=(help) If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH