Patrick Arnold Shriver Schwarzenegger
September 18, 1993
|Alma mater||University of Southern California|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Relatives||See Schwarzenegger family and Kennedy family|
Patrick Arnold Shriver Schwarzenegger (born September 18, 1993) is an American actor, model, and entrepreneur. He is the son of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver. Through his mother, Schwarzenegger is a member of the Kennedy family; he is a grand-nephew of U.S. President John F. Kennedy and U.S. senators Robert F. Kennedy and Ted Kennedy.
Schwarzenegger was born at St John's Hospital in Santa Monica, California and raised in Los Angeles, California. He is the elder son of Maria Shriver, a journalist and author who is a member of the Kennedy family, and Arnold Schwarzenegger, an Austrian-born bodybuilder, actor, and former Governor of California. Schwarzenegger has two older sisters, Katherine and Christina, a younger brother, Christopher, and a younger paternal half-brother, Joseph. His maternal grandparents were activist Eunice Kennedy Shriver and diplomat and politician Sargent Shriver.
Schwarzenegger holds dual Austrian-American citizenship, as he is of Austrian descent on his father's side. His cousin, also named Patrick Schwarzenegger, lost his father (Arnold's brother) in a car accident in 1971 and is now an attorney.
At the age of ten, Schwarzenegger had a small role in the movie The Benchwarmers. Throughout his childhood, he practiced acting with his father. At age 15 he started a clothing line. In 2014, Schwarzenegger franchised his own Blaze Pizza at The Grove in Los Angeles. He has since opened up other locations at USC where he attended school and Staples Center.
Patrick is also signed with LA Models, which had plans to push him for Ralph Lauren and Armani ad campaigns. He has stated that he hopes to raise awareness of his clothing company by taking on high-profile modeling jobs.
Schwarzenegger had supporting roles in 2012's Stuck in Love, 2013's Grown Ups 2 and 2015's Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse. His first leading role was opposite Bella Thorne in 2018's Midnight Sun, a romantic drama about a teenage girl with a rare medical condition. His performance in the 2019 horror Daniel Isn't Real was praised as "excellent" and played with "a playful intensity similar to his father" and "a restraint unusual in actors his age". He was in the 2021 film Moxie.
While studying at Brentwood High School, he took private acting lessons with Nancy Banks. In 2012, he matriculated at the University of Southern California, and graduated from the USC Marshall School of Business with a minor in Cinematic Arts in May 2016. Patrick Schwarzenegger was part of the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity.
|2006||The Benchwarmers||Jock Kid Game No. 3|
|2012||Stuck in Love||Glen|
|2013||Grown Ups 2||Frat Boy Cooper|
|2015||Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse||Jeff|
|2018||Midnight Sun||Charlie Reed|
|2019||Daniel Isn't Real||Daniel|
|2015||Scream Queens||Thad Radwell||Episode: "Thanksgiving"|
|2017||The Long Road Home||Ben Hayhurst||Miniseries|
|2013||Ariana Grande featuring Big Sean||"Right There"||Romeo|
- "Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's Brentwood High School Commencement Speech". gov.ca.gov. June 7, 2008. Archived from the original on June 18, 2008. Retrieved June 22, 2008.
- Pace, Eric (July 24, 1991). "Chronicle". The New York Times. Retrieved April 18, 2008.
- Brozan, Nadine (September 30, 1997). "Chronicle". The New York Times. Retrieved April 18, 2008.
- "State of California Certificate of Live Birth" (PDF). TMZ. May 20, 2011. Retrieved August 26, 2017.
- "Schwarzenegger's son with housekeeper born days after Shriver gave birth". Chicago Tribune. Archived from the original on May 21, 2011.
- Tara Brady (February 6, 2020). "Patrick Schwarzenegger: 'Dad didn't tell me how to act'". The Irish Times. Retrieved January 16, 2021.
- Cindy Adams, Patrick Schwarzenegger: Acting is how I bonded with Arnold, Pagesix.com, March 26, 2018
- "Meet Patrick Schwarzenegger, Arnold and Maria's enterprising son". Los Angeles Times. April 20, 2011. Retrieved December 5, 2011.
- "Son of Maria Shriver and Arnold Schwarzenegger opens custom pizza joint in LA". Fox News Channel. November 22, 2016.
- Lowe, Laurence (n.d.). "Patrick Schwarzenegger: Critical Eye". Details. Retrieved December 5, 2011.
- Fleming, Mike Jr. (October 13, 2016). "Open Road Acquires 'Midnight Sun', Sets Wide Summer Release For Bella Thorne & Patrick Schwarzenegger Pic". Deadline Hollywood.
- Radcliffe, Gena (October 19, 2019). "BHFF: "Daniel Isn't Real" is a Frightening Look at Our Hidden Selves".
- "'Daniel Isn't Real': Film Review". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "Daniel Isn't Real (2019) Movie Review from Eye for Film". eyeforfilm.co.uk.
- "'Moxie' Casts Hadley Robinson, Patrick Schwarzenegger And Others; See Full List". Republic World. Retrieved March 5, 2021.
- "Miley Cyrus, Patrick Schwarzenegger reportedly call it quits". Los Angeles Times. April 21, 2015. Retrieved April 1, 2021.
- Amy Kaufman, Patrick Schwarzenegger embraces his famous family but carves his own path as an actor, Los Angeles Times, March 23, 2018
- Johnson, Zach (May 2, 2012). "Patrick Schwarzenegger:I'm going to the University of Southern California". Us Weekly. Retrieved June 29, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Patrick Schwarzenegger.|