Rob Roy Island
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses of the name, see Rob Roy.
The island is covered with coconut plantation and jungle. The island is 20 km long and has a summit elevation of 150m.
- http://www.solomonislands.com.sb/robroy.html googlecached version of website
- Excursion to Choiseul - Chapter Six — Page 53, Nagosele Passage, dividing Rob Roy Island from Choiseul, is in places less than 70 yards wide. Rob Roy rises steep from its waters, inaccessibly steep generally, but on the Choiseul side of the channel merges into shallow mangroved waters, providing hundreds of natural hideouts for small craft., Stepping Stones to the Solomons: the unofficial history of the 29th Battalion with the Second New Zealand Expeditionary Force in the Pacific., NZETC
- Nggosele Passage between Choiseul and Rob Roy Island experiences strong currents depending on the tides., South East Choiseul and Vaghena, choiseul, Exploring Solomons
- Going through the passage between Rob Roy Island and Choiseul, May 12, 2009, by alan70, Panoramio
- Rob Roy - Bird Checklists for 440 Melanesian Islands
|This Solomon Islands location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|