Romanian Chess Championship
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Romanian Chess Championship became a yearly even in 1946, and was held irregularly earlier. A series of national eliminating contests are played to select a 20-player field for the men's final. The women's final consists of 16 players.
- Hartston, William R. (1977), "Romania", in Golombek, Harry, Golombek's Encyclopedia of Chess, Crown Publishing, p. 278, ISBN 0-517-53146-1 (brief background, winners through 1976)
- Whyld, Ken (1986), Chess: The Records, Guinness Books, pp. 110–1, ISBN 0-85112-455-0 (winners and locales through 1985)
- Sunnucks, Anne (1970), The Encyclopaedia of Chess, St. Martin's Press, pp. 408–9, LCCN 78106371 (background and winners through 1968)
- List of winners from the Romanian Chess Federation
- Constantin Lupulescu and Elena-Luminita Cosma are 2010 Romanian Chess Champions Chessdom.com