(Redirected from Rome Quadrennial)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Its name derives from the four-yearly exhibitions it is required to host by its constitution. It is based in Rome in the monumental complex of Villa Carpegna.
- I Quadriennale, January - June 1931.
- II Quadriennale, February - July 1935.
- III Quadriennale, February - July 1939.
- IV Quadriennale, May - July 1943.
- V Quadriennale, March - May 1948.
- VI Quadriennale, December 1951 - April 1952.
- VII Quadriennale, November 1955 - 1956.
- VIII Quadriennale, December 1959 - April 1960.
- IX Quadriennale, October 1965 - March 1966.
- X Quadriennale, Five exhibitions:
- November - December 1972.
- February - March 1973.
- May - June 1973.
- March - April 1975.
- June - July 1977.
- XI Quadriennale, Palazzo dei Congressi, EUR complex, Rome, May - August 1986.
- XII Quadriennale, two exhibitions:
- 1999. XIII Quadriennale, Palazzo delle Esposizioni, June - September 1999.
- XIV Quadriennale three exhibitions:
- XV Quadriennale, June - September 2008.
Notes and references
- Claudia Lazzaro, Roger J. Crum Donatello Among The Blackshirts: History And Modernity In The ... 2005- Page 275 "Mario Mascarin, "La grande pitiée de l'art en Italie," Monde, 22 March 1935. Written two months before the opening, and perhaps in response to the Rome Quadriennale, this article on contemporary art under Fascism knowingly anticipated the .."
- 15th Rome Quadrennial[permanent dead link] at Palazzo delle Esposizioni official website.