|Alma mater||University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign|
Russel Simmons is an American businessman. He is co-founder and former CTO of Yelp, Inc. with Jeremy Stoppelman from July 2004 until he left in June 2010. Prior to co-founding Yelp, Simmons was an early employee at PayPal, where he was a Lead Software Architect, and has been described as a member of the "PayPal Mafia."
- Smalera, Paul (April 9, 2010). "Yelp grows up". Fortune. CNN. Archived from the original on 4 August 2010. Retrieved 4 August 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Wauters, Robin (2010-06-14). "Yelp Co-Founder And CTO Russel Simmons Is Out". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2013-12-23.
- Parrish, Charlie (2014-09-20). "The PayPal Mafia: Who are they and where are Silicon Valley's richest group of men now?". ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2018-01-08.
- "The U. of I. breeding ground". Chicago Tribune. April 28, 2012. Retrieved March 16, 2015.
The online review site was founded in 2004 by two U. of I. graduates and former PayPal employees, Jeremy Stoppelman (computer engineering, 1999) and Russel Simmons (computer science, 1998).
- "Russel Simmons". Crunchbase.
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|