|Born||March 17, 1969
Edison, New Jersey
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, Investor, Lawyer|
|Known for||Paypal, LinkedIn, Square, Yelp, Xoom, YouTube, Yammer, Palantir, Lyft, AirBnB, Eventbrite and Quora.|
Keith Rabois is an American technology entrepreneur, executive and investor. He is widely known for his early-stage startup investments and his executive roles at PayPal, LinkedIn, Slide and Square. Rabois invested in Yelp and Xoom prior to each company's initial public offering ("IPO") and sits on both companies' board of directors. He is considered a member of the PayPal Mafia, a group that includes PayPal co-founders Peter Thiel, Max Levchin and Elon Musk.
Life and career
College and law school
While at Stanford, he became acquainted with Peter Thiel, then editor and co-founder of The Stanford Review. Rabois contributed to the libertarian newspaper known for challenging campus beliefs and mores. Rabois came to Thiel's attention after he was found outside an instructor's home, shouting homophobic slurs and the suggestion that the instructor "die of AIDS."  A few of the contributors went on to join PayPal, a company Thiel co-founded in 1998.
Between January 2005 and May 2007, Rabois worked at LinkedIn, a social network for people in professional occupations, as its Vice President for Business and Corporate Development. LinkedIn was founded by Reid Hoffman, also a former employee at PayPal and a member of the PayPal Mafia.
Between May 2007 and August 2010, Rabois worked for Slide, a company headed by Max Levchin that focused on slideshows and animations in social networks. Levchin, one of the co-founders of PayPal, knew Rabois from their time together at PayPal. Rabois left Slide around the time that the company was sold to Google Inc.
In 2010, Rabois joined Square, a company that provides an electronic payment service, as its Chief Operating Officer (COO). He left Square in January, 2013 due to the threat of a lawsuit over sexual harassment claims by an employee who obtained a job at Square after beginning a relationship with Rabois.
In April 2014, Rabois co-founded Opendoor, a home buying and selling marketplace.
- "Xoom:Management:Executive Officers and Directors". 2013-01-11.
- "Yelp:Management:Executive Officers and Directors". 2011-11-17.
- "Meet the PayPal mafia".
- "Keith Rabois: Did you really grow up in Edison, NJ?".
- "Keith Rabois - CrunchBase".
- Lunch Talk with Keith Rabois on a Career in Law, Startups and Venture Capital
- "Masters of Their Domain". Mother Jones.
- "Officials condemn homophobic incident; no prosecution planned". 1992-02-12.
- "Keith Rabois, COO Of Square, Resigns After Relationship With Employee, Harassment Allegations". 2013-01-26.
- Packer, George. "No Death, No Taxes: The libertarian futurism of a Silicon Valley billionaire". The New Yorker. Retrieved 2011-12-07.
- "A note from Keith". 2013-01-25.
- "Interview: Keith Rabois Talks About Sexual Harassment Claim, Becoming a "Distraction" at Square and What's Next". 2013-01-25.
- "Keith Rabois Is Silicon Valley's Hottest Commodity Right Now", SFGate, February 23, 2013
- "Former Square COO Keith Rabois Joins Khosla Ventures". 2013-02-26.
- "Keith Rabois on Khosla Ventures website". Archived from the original on 2013-07-25.
- "Khosla Ventures' Keith Rabois finally launches his real estate startup". 2014-04-03.
- "Our supporters". FWD.us. Archived from the original on 2013-04-16. Retrieved 2013-04-17.