Kerridge in March 2017
|Full name||Sam Kerridge|
|Date of birth||26 April 1993|
|Place of birth||Mildura, Victoria|
|Original team(s)||Mildura (SFL)
Bendigo Pioneers (TAC Cup)
|Draft||No. 27, 2011 National Draft, Adelaide|
|Debut||Round 3, 2012, Adelaide
vs. Hawthorn, at MCG
|Height||188 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||85 kg (13 st 5 lb; 187 lb)|
|Position(s)||Midfielder, tagger, small forward|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2016.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Sam Kerridge (born 26 April 1993) is a professional Australian rules football player who plays for the Carlton Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL). He was recruited with pick 27 in the 2011 National Draft.
Kerridge made his AFL debut in Round 3, 2012, against Hawthorn, starting as the substitute, and did not play another game in a successful year for the side. In 2013, Kerridge played 11 games and established himself as one of Adelaide's main taggers, nulifying the impact of key opposition players including Chris Judd, Ryan Griffen and Grant Birchall. He also showed promise as an offensive player, most notable against North Melbourne in round 9 where he helped the Crows claim a thrilling come from behind win with 6 goals and 24 disposals, for which he was awarded an AFL Rising Star nomination.
Kerridge played 14 games in 2014 either side of a mid-season foot injury. He continued to rotate between tagging duties (in the absence of regular tagger Nathan van Berlo) and an opportunist small forward role. His best performance was against North Melbourne once more, in round 13, when he kicked four goals.
In October 2015, Kerridge was traded to the Carlton Football Club along with pick 28 in exchange for Troy Menzel. He immediately found a regular place in the Carlton midfield, playing all but one game for the season and finishing tenth in the best and fairest.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- Milbank, Zac (November 29, 2011). "Sam Kerridge wants instant Crows call-up". Adelaide Now. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- Capel, Andrew (9 May 2013). "Shadow man Sam Kerridge tags in for Adelaide Crows". The Advertiser.
- "Sam Kerridge - AFC.com.au".
- Bowen, Nick; Twomey, Callum (21 October 2015). "Menzel to Crows as Carlton nabs midfielder and a pick". Australian Football League. Retrieved 21 October 2015.
- Danielle Balales (21 September 2016). "Season review: Sam Kerridge". Carlton Football Club. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
- "Sam Kerridge statistics". AFL Tables. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sam Kerridge.|