San Marino in the Eurovision Song Contest 2011
|Eurovision Song Contest 2011|
|Selection process||Internal Selection|
|Selection date(s)||Artist: 3 February 2011|
Song: 11 March 2011
|Selected song||"Stand By"|
|Semi-final result||Failed to qualify (16th, 34 points)|
|San Marino in the Eurovision Song Contest|
After a two-year break in the 2009 and 2010 contest, San Marino participated in the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 in Düsseldorf, Germany, selecting their entry through an internal selection, organised by the Sanmarinese broadcaster San Marino RTV (SMRTV).
San Marino debuted in the 2008 contest with the band Miodio. They placed last in the semi-final with five points (three from Greece and two from Andorra). After that, San Marino withdrew from the contest in 2009 and 2010. On 22 December, SMRTV announced its comeback in the contest.
San Marino competed twelfth in the first semi-final of the contest, on 10 May. Senit placed sixteenth with 34 points and didn't pass to the final.
- In the Semi-final 1 San Marino came 16th with 34 points: the public awarded San Marino 19th place with 8 points and the jury awarded 8th place with 74 points.
Points awarded to San Marino
|12 points||10 points||8 points||7 points||6 points|
|5 points||4 points||3 points||2 points||1 point|
Points awarded by San Marino
- Hondal, Victor (21 November 2007). "Exclusive: San Marino in Belgrade confirmed". EscToday.com. Retrieved 24 December 2010.
- Viniker, Barry (18 December 2008). "San Marino leaves Eurovision Song Contest". EscToday.com. Retrieved 24 December 2010.
- Floras, Stella (15 December 2009). "No San Marino either for Eurovision 2010". EscToday.com. Retrieved 24 December 2010.
- Hondal, Victor (22 December 2010). "San Marino will participate in Düsseldorf 2011". EscToday.com. Retrieved 24 December 2010.
- "SAN MARINO - Senit rumored for San Marino 2011". Oikotimes.com. 25 December 2010. Retrieved 26 December 2010.[permanent dead link]