Israel in the Eurovision Song Contest 2011
|Eurovision Song Contest 2011|
|Selection process||Kdam Eurovision|
|Selection date(s)||8 March 2011|
|Selected entrant||Dana International|
|Selected song||"Ding Dong"|
|Semi-final result||Failed to qualify (15th, 38 points)|
|Israel in the Eurovision Song Contest|
Kdam Eurovision 2011
In November 2010, Israeli broadcaster IBA revealed some of its plans for the 2011 national selection, which returned to Channel 1, after being out of their hands last year.
On 28 December 2010, IBA announced that several artists would participate in the Kdam in order to represent Israel in the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest. IBA opened the call for artists to submit their entries. The final aired on 8 March. It took place in the Culture Hall in Rishon LeZion.
During the next few days, IBA made a list of potential artists that would be offered to take part in the selection. Furthermore, artists who matched the conditions would be able to submit themselves too. The artists were asked to submit 2-3 songs to the committee, who chose 8-12 songs and singers in total to take part in the Kdam.
On 8 February, IBA announced the finalists of the 2011 Kdam:
|1||Adi Cohen||"Rak al ahava" (רק על אהבה)||Just about love (just because of love)||Doron Gal (m & l)||123||96||219||3|
|2||KNOB||"Ohev et ze" (אוהב את זה)||I'm loving it||Meital Patash-Cohen (m), Niv Cohen (l)||32||48||80||8|
|3||Chen Aharoni||"Or" (אור)||Light (Or)||Nizan Kaykov (m), Sahar Hagai (l)||82||72||142||4|
|4||Idit Halevi||"It's My Time"||It's my time||Giora Linenberg (m), Idit Halevi (l)||91||144||235||2|
|5||Hatikva 6||"Hakol sababa" (הכל סבבה)||Everything id cool||Omri Glikman (m & l)||81||24||105||7|
|6||Niki Goldstein||"Amri itach" (אמריא איתך)||I'll fly with you (you make ne fly)||Amit Zach (m & l), Einat Hollander (l)||53||84||137||5|
|7||Sivan Bahnem||"Kach oti" (קח אותי)||Take me||Sivan (m & l), Chen Metzger-Eder (m)||29||36||65||10|
|8||Michael & Shimrit Greylsummer||"Tu du du" (טו דו דו)||Tu du du||Michael Greylsummer (m & l)||59||72||131||6|
|9||Dana International||"Ding Dong"||Ding dong||Dana International (m & l)||150||120||270||1|
|10||Carmel Ekman||"Nosa'at el ga'agu'ay" (נוסעת אל געגועיי)||Drive to my misses||Ben Rayvitz (m & l), Carmel Eckmann (m & l)||54||54||66||9|
Israel competed on the 12th place of the second semi-final on 12 May and came 15th with 38 points which means it didn't qualify to the finals, and the first time in 4 years that Israel entry doesn't make the finals. Israel was directly picked to perform in the second semi-final to avoid a withdrawal due to the first semi-final taking place on the Israeli Memorial Day.
- In the Semi-final 2 Israel came 15th with 38 points: the public awarded Israel 11th place with 51 points and the jury awarded 16th place with 36 points.
Points awarded by Israel
|12 points||10 points||8 points||7 points||6 points|
|5 points||4 points||3 points||2 points||1 point|
- Barak, Itamar (2 November 2010). "Israel: IBA reveals plans for 2011". ESCToday. Retrieved 3 November 2010.
- Melman, Moshe (28 December 2010). "ISRAEL - IBA announce plans and date for national final". Oikotimes.com. Retrieved 28 December 2010.
- Laufer, Gil (28 December 2010). "Israel: National final on March 8th". EscToday.com. Retrieved 28 December 2010.
- Laufer, Gil (17 January 2011). "Israel: More details revealed". EscToday.com. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- Laufer, Gil (8 February 2011). "Israel: List of participants in Kdam 2011 revealed". EscToday.com. Retrieved 8 February 2011.
- Barak, Itamar (21 September 2010). "Israel to participate in 2nd semifinal of 2011". ESCToday. Archived from the original on 23 September 2010. Retrieved 21 September 2010.