Sanglap Kolkata group logo
|Dr. Kuntal Mukhopadhyay|
Sanglap Kolkata or Sanglap theatre group is a Kolkata based Bengali theatre group. The theatre group was founded in 1979. The group's first production was "Ispat" based on Nikolai Ostrovsky's novel "How the Steel Was Tempered".
- Full-length plays
- Amol Syndrome(2014)
- Lathi Kando (2008, based on a novel of Shirshendu Mukhopadhyay)
- Aborton (2007)
- Astarag (2006)
- Ferari Fouz (2005)
- Bhavam Chaleche Juddehy (2004)
- Hai raam (2002)
- Kaalchakra (2000)
- Sudrayana (1998)
- Ghare Phera (1994, based on Home Coming by Harold Pinter)
- Disha (1993, based on Volga Theke Ganga by Rahul Sankrityayan)
- One act plays
- Bidhi-O-Betikram (based on Bertolt Brecht).
- Tarasher Bhar
- Rather Rashi (written by Rabindranath Tagore).
- 1993: Disha won "Best production of the year" award from Drama Academy of India.
- 1994: Ghare Phera "Best actress" award from Drama Academy of India.
- 1998: Sudrayan "Best script and best choreography" award from Paschim Banga Natya Akademi
Since 1993, the Sanglap theatre group is organizing theatre festival every year during January–February which is known as Sanglap Natyotsab. Eminent theatre groups from Kolkata, West Bengal, Bangladesh etc. participate in this theatre festival.
- "Sanglap Kolkata Profile". Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- "Dhaka Padatik-UCB International Theatre Festival". The Daily Star. 24 March 2010. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- "Kaler Kontho". http://www.dailykalerkantho.com. Retrieved 30 June 2012. External link in
- "Aborton Metro". Telegraph Calcutta.
|This Indian theatre-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|