|Born||18 October 1940|
|Other names||Paran Banerjee|
|Occupation||Retired West Bengal Government employee, film and television actor|
Paran Bandopadhyay[α] (alternate spelling Paran Bandyopadhyay[β]) or Paran Banerjee[γ] is an Indian film, television and stage actor based in Kolkata. In 2012 Sandip Ray has decided to make film on Satyajit Ray's character Tarini Khuro where Bandopadhyay will play the lead role. He has been a regular judge of Zee Bangla's reality show Mirakkel.
Bandopadhyay has roots in Jessore, Bangladesh. His mother died when he was young and his father left home. After that he was brought up by his paternal aunt in Dum Dum, Kolkata. He graduated from the City College at the University of Calcutta. In his childhood, Bandopadhyay participated in one-act plays in their neighborhood. He has also acted in some plays of the Indian People’s Theatre Association. In 1962 he got a job under the West Bengal government in the Department of PW Roads.
Bandopadhyay took retirement from his Government job in 2000. At that time he was 60 years old. Between 2000 and 2010, Bandopadhyay has acted in more than 35 films, such as Bhooter Bhabishyat, Nobel Chor, an The Japanese Wife.
- Nabajiban Bima Company (upcoming)
- Badshahi Angti (2014)
- Chaar (2014)
- Chhayamoy (2013)
- Goynar Baksho (2013)
- Proloy (2013)
- Kidnapper (2013)
- Jekhane Bhooter Bhoy (2012)
- Bhooter Bhabishyat (2012)
- Nobel Chor (2012)
- Chalo Patol Tuli (2011)
- Bindas Prem (2011)
- Royal Bengal Rahashya (2011)
- Gosainbaganer Bhoot (2011)
- The Japanese Wife (2010)
- Shono Mon Boli Tomay (2010)
- Tintorettor Jishu (2008)
- Hochheta Ki (2008)
- Bombaiyer Bombete (2003)
- Mondo Meyer Upakhyan (2002)
- Dekha (2001)
- Open Tee Bioscope
- Proloy Asche on Sananda TV
- Boyei Gelo as Bhobhotash Basak on Zee Bangla.
- Byomkesh as Anukul Babu on Colors Bangla.
- songsar sukher hoy romonir gune
Awards and nominations
- 2014 - Nominated for Filmfare Award for Best Actor in Supporting Role (Male) – Bengali for Proloy
- "Paran Bandopadhyay profile". Bengali Movies. Retrieved 1 July 2012.
- "Tarini Khuro’s screen saga". Times of India. 7 June 2012. Retrieved 1 July 2012.
- Interview - Nilkantho.in
- "Paran Bandopadhyay, 70". http://www.harmonyindia.org/. Retrieved 1 July 2012.
- "Bhooter Bhobishyot review Comedy of no errors". Deccan Herald. Jun 17, 2012. Retrieved 1 July 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Paran Bandopadhyay.|