Sea Island Centre station
|Location||5899 Grant McConachie Way, Richmond, BC|
Vancouver International Airport
|Structure type||At grade|
|Fare zone||Zone 2|
|Opened||August 17, 2009|
|Rank||53 out of 53|
The Vancouver International Airport Authority contributed up to $300 million toward the airport branch of the Canada Line, which includes Sea Island Centre. This station, along with Templeton, was built at-grade to allow for the future construction of an elevated aircraft taxiway over the Canada Line guideway.
Sea Island Centre station serves Vancouver International Airport (YVR), and airline-related industrial area along Grant McConachie Way, east of the airport. During off hours, the station is served by the N10 bus route, which provides service to Downtown Vancouver and Richmond–Brighouse station.
|C||Concourse Level||Connects to north and south entrances, |
Fare gates, Compass vending machines
|← ■ Canada Line towards Waterfront (Templeton)|
|Island platform; doors will open on the left|
|■ Canada Line towards YVR–Airport (Terminus) →|
Sea Island Centre is served by two entrances. The northern entrance is located adjacent to the North Service Road, it provides access to an Air Canada hangar as well as other airport-related businesses. Parking lots for airport employees is also located at this entrance. The southern entrance is located on Miller Road.
As with all stations on Sea Island—YVR–Airport, Sea Island Centre, and Templeton—a $5.00 surcharge, the "YVR AddFare", applies to fares paid with cash, with Compass Card stored value, or with DayPasses purchased at the station for eastbound trips originating from this station to Bridgeport station or beyond. Trips using a monthly pass are exempt, as are trips using DayPasses purchased and activated off Sea Island. Trips to Sea Island Centre are not subject to the surcharge. Travel between YVR–Airport, Sea Island Centre, and Templeton stations is free.
Sea Island Centre station and Grant MacConachie Way, with airport control tower visible in the distance
- "2018 Transit Service Performance Review – Average Daily Boardings per Weekday". translink.ca. TransLink. Retrieved April 25, 2019.
- Parry, Jacob (January 28, 2015). "Airports are stressful, so why do B.C.ers love YVR?". BCBusiness. Retrieved March 30, 2018.
- Chan, Kenneth (January 18, 2017). "$5.6-billion expansion will propel Vancouver International Airport to new heights". Daily Hive. Retrieved March 30, 2018.
- TransLink. Sea Island Centre Station Entrance Locations (PDF) (Map). Retrieved March 30, 2018.
- "Canada Line YVR AddFare". TransLink. Archived from the original on March 23, 2018. Retrieved March 23, 2018.
Media related to Sea Island Centre Station at Wikimedia Commons