The title refers to an incident in which Ali interrupted his sermon to read a letter that had just arrived. After being asked to resume the sermon, Ali replied: "In no way, in no way. It was like the foam on the camel's mouth (shiqshiqa) as it opens its mouth to bellow and then falls silent."
- Francis Joseph Steingass (1992). A Comprehensive Persian-English Dictionary. p. 750.
- David Thomas (2013). Encyclopedia of Islamic Civilization and Religion, "Nahj al-Balagha". Routledge. p. 750.
- Lawson, Todd (2014). "Religious Authority & Apocalypse: Tafsīr as Experience in an Early Work of the Bāb". In Mir-Kasimov, Orkhan. Unity in Diversity: Mysticism, Messianism and the Construction of Religious Authority in Islam. Leiden: Brill. p. 60. ISBN 978-90-04-26280-5.
- Jamal J. Elias, 1999 & Islam the University of Virginia, p. 38
- Nahj al-Balagha. 1:37. As translated in al-Mufid's Kitab al-irshad 213.
- Ali Muhammad As-Sallabi & Darussalam Publishers
- Khomeini & 2013 Islam & Revolution Hb, p. 204
- Imam Khomeini: Life, Thought and Legacy 2009, p. 154