|Full name||Shardul Narendra Thakur|
|Born||16 October 1991|
Boisar, Maharashtra, India
|Only Test (cap 294)||12 October 2018 v West Indies|
|ODI debut (cap 218)||31 August 2017 v Sri Lanka|
|Last ODI||18 September 2018 v Hong Kong|
|ODI shirt no.||54|
|T20I debut (cap 73)||21 February 2018 v South Africa|
|Last T20I||14 March 2018 v Bangladesh|
|T20I shirt no.||54|
|Domestic team information|
|2015-16||Kings XI Punjab|
|2017||Rising Pune Supergiants (squad no. 10)|
|2018 - present||Chennai Super Kings (squad no. 54)|
Source: ESPNcricinfo, 14 October 2018
Shardul Narendra Thakur (born 16 October 1991) is an Indian cricketer and 218th player to be inducted to the Indian Cricket Team while playing first-class cricket for Mumbai. He was a member of the Kings XI Punjab, Mumbai cricket team and India A cricket team. Currently, he is a member of the Indian cricket team and plays for Chennai Super Kings in IPL. In March 2017, he played for the team Rising Pune Supergaints. 
Shardul was born in a Maharashtrian family. His father is Narendra Thakur and mother is Hansa Thakur.
Earlier in his school cricket, he hit 6 sixes from 6 balls in an over in TVM school. He made his First-class debut against Rajasthan cricket team at Jaipur in November 2012. He did not have a good start to his career as he took four wickets at a bowling average of 82.0 from his first four games. In 2012–13 Ranji season, he took 27 wickets at 26.25 from six games, with one five-wicket haul. In the 2013-14 Ranji season, he took 48 wickets at 20.81 from ten games with five five-wicket hauls.
He was named in India's 16-man squad for India's Test tour of West Indies in 2016, but he did not play. In August 2017, he was named in India's limited-overs squad for the series against Sri Lanka. He made his One Day International (ODI) debut on 31 August 2017 against Sri Lanka. He became the second player to wear the number 10 jersey next to Sachin Tendulkar, which raised various controversial comments in social media.
After returning to the Indian ODI squad against New Zealand in 2017, he changed his jersey number to 54 due to above-mentioned controversy. On 29 November 2017, BCCI retired Sachin Tendulkar’s No. 10 jersey.
In March 2018, he was selected to play in the 2018 Nidahas Trophy. In a match against Sri Lanka he took a career best 4-27  to bring the game back to India's favour, winning the Man Of the Match award. He finished with 6 wickets from 5 matches at an average of 29.33.
In October 2018, he made his Test debut against the West Indies, making him the 294th player to represent Team India in Tests. Unfortunately his dream debut ended after bowling just 10 deliveries due to suffering from a groin strain in his right leg.. He faces seven weeks in rehab.
He was signed up by Kings XI Punjab for INR 2 million at the 2014 IPL player auction for 2015 season of Indian Premier League and made his debut against Delhi Daredevils where he took one for 38 in his 4 overs. In March 2017, he was acquired by the Rising Pune Supergiants for the tenth season of the IPL. In January 2018, he was bought by the Chennai Super Kings in the List of 2018 Indian Premier League personnel changes.
- "Shardul Thakur". Cricinfo. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "Thakur Shardul". Sportskeeda. Retrieved 12 February 2019.
- Mumbai seal 41st Ranji Trophy title with innings win
- Feeling of being left out hurts me - Shardul Thakur
- Shardul Thakur earns call-up for WI Tests
- "Yuvraj dropped; Ashwin, Jadeja rested for Sri Lanka ODIs". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 13 August 2017.
- "4th ODI (D/N), India tour of Sri Lanka at Colombo, Aug 31 2017". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "Jersey number 10 unofficially retired by the BCCI". CricTracker. Retrieved 29 November 2017.
- "2nd T20I (N), India tour of South Africa at Centurion, Feb 21 2018". ESPN Cricinfo. 21 February 2018. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "SQUADS FOR INDIA AND BANGLADESH IN SRI LANKA T20I TRI-SERIES, 2018". Cricbuzz. March 6, 2018. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- "Sri Lanka vs India, 4th Match - Live Cricket Score, Commentary". Cricbuzz. Mar 12, 2018. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- "India and Bangladesh in Sri Lanka T20I Tri-Series, 2018". Cricbuzz. March 18, 2018. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- "Rahane to lead India against Afghanistan in Kohli's absence". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- "2nd Test, West Indies tour of India at Hyderabad, Oct 12-16 2018". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 12 October 2018.
- "India vs West Indies: Shardul Thakur's debut ends in 1.4 overs, Oct 13, 2018". TNN. Retrieved 13 October 2018.
- Shardul Thakur joins Rising Pune Supergiant