Shilpa Shukla at the audio release of her 2011 film Bhindi Baazaar Inc.
|Born||22 February 1982|
|Alma mater||University of Delhi|
|Known for||Chak De! India and B.A. Pass|
|Notable work||Chak De! India and B.A. Pass|
|Height||"5 ft 6 in"|
Shilpa Shukla is an Indian theatre, television and Bollywood film actor. She is known for her roles in the 2007 sports drama Chak De! India and the 2013 neo-noir film B.A. Pass, for which she was awarded the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress.She will be appear soon in some new movies in 2015.
Early life and education
She was born in a Bhumihar Brahmin family of Vaishali district and grew up in New Delhi, Kolkata and Gujarat. She attended Delhi Public School, R. K. Puram, New Delhi till Class XII, and then went to Miranda House, University of Delhi.
She started her acting career with eminent theatre M.K.Raina. Later she worked with Director Arvind Gaur of the Asmita Theatre Group, her major plays are Mahesh Dattani's Final Solutions and Tara, Govind Deshpande's Antim Diwas, Ashok Lal's Ek Mamooli Aadmi, Girish Karnad's Rakt Kalyan (Taledanda) and Neil Simon's Log-Baag. After making her film debut with the critically acclaimed Khamosh Pani in 2003, she next appeared in Sudhir Mishra's Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi also in 2003. Though popular acclaim came her way, when she played an arrogant and stubborn role of Bindia Naik in Shahrukh Khan starrer, Chak De! India in 2007, which got her a Filmfare Award nomination and also the National award consideration. In 2012, the film was named the Best Film in Indian Competition at the 12th Osian’s Cinefan Film Festival. In 2013, she appeared in Hindi Neo noir film B.A. Pass directed by Ajay Bahl, which won the Audience Choice Award at the South Asian Alternative Film Festival (SAAFF) in Paris, France. She is now doing a Sujoy Ghosh film and she has just finished shooting a film produced by Prakash Jha.
- Khamosh Pani (2003)
- Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi (2005)
- Chak De India (2007) - Bindia Naik
- Frozen (2007) - Karma's Wife
- Bhindi Baazaar Inc. (2011) - Kanjari
- Rockstar (2011) - Heer's Sister-in-Law
- Rajdhani Express (2013) - Lady Si
- B.A. Pass (2013) - Sarika
- Hercules (2014) - Rhythm Randi
- Crazy Cukkad Family (2015) - Archana Berry
- Raju Ben (Mini Series)
Awards and nominations
- 2008: Filmfare Awards: Best Supporting Actress for Chak De India
- 2008: International Indian Film Academy Awards: Best Performance in a Negative Role for Chak De India
- 2008: Zee Cine Awards: Best Actor in a Negative Role for Chak De India
- 2008: Producer Guild Awards: Best actor in a Negative Role for Chak De India
- 2013: Big Fan Awards: Best fan Award from Miss world Tamanna Rana
- "Asmita theatre alumni list". sites.google.com. Retrieved 2009-02-08.
- "Shilpa Shukla got frustrated after doing sex scenes in B A Pass". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- "Meet the Chak De women". Rediff.news. Retrieved 2009-02-08.
- "Winners of 20th Annual Life OK Screen Awards". Bollywood Hungama. 14 January 2014.
- "Winners of 59th Idea Filmfare Awards". Filmfare. 25 January 2014. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- Awards IMDB.
- Nominations for the Zee Cine Awards 2008 Bollywood Hungama.