Aeroporto di Siena-Ampugnano
|Airport type||Military / Public|
|Serves||Siena, Tuscany, Italy|
|Elevation AMSL||634 ft / 193 m|
2008 the site has been proposed for a new international airport capable of handling 4 million passengers a year by 2020. Since 2003 the project has met widespread local opposition. Upon request about current status and future of the airport in November 2016 the Siena Comune confirmed by eMail: ″the airport of Siena is not operating″. As of January 2017, the field is mentioned as being operated by Sky Services. There are however indications of rather high rates, opposed to limited levels of service.
- EAD Basic
- Associazione Italiana Gestori Aeroportuali
- All employments terminated. Information by the Siena Comune
- Peter Popham (19 January 2008). "Plans for a new airport bringing cheap flights to Tuscany provoke furious opposition". The Independent.
- Committee against Expansion of Ampugnano Airport-Siena
- Maurer, Maurer. Air Force Combat Units of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History, 1983. ISBN 0-89201-092-4, and Air Force Historical Research Agency