|Controlled by||United States Army Air Forces|
- 12th Bombardment Group, 2 June-2 August 1943, B-25 Mitchell
- 98th Bombardment Group, 22 September-22 November 1943, B-24 Liberator (15AF/12AF)
- 340th Bombardment Group, 2 June-2 August 1943, B-25 Mitchell (9AF)
Primary targets from Hergla were in Sicily and mainland Italy. As targets moved out of range, the groups moved to Italy and by November 1943 the airfield was closed. When the Americans moved out, the base was largely abandoned. For many years only faint evidence of the main runway and some taxiways were visible in aerial photos of the area, but the land had returned largely to its natural state. The Enfidha – Hammamet International Airport was built in its place and opened in 2009.
- Maurer, Maurer. Air Force Combat Units of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History, 1983. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.
- Maurer, Maurer, ed. (1982) . Combat Squadrons of the Air Force, World War II (PDF) (reprint ed.). Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-405-12194-6. LCCN 70605402. OCLC 72556.