|Location||North Las Vegas, Nevada 89030|
|Address||2140 Las Vegas Boulevard North|
|Total gaming space||23,000 sq ft (2,100 m2)|
|Signature attractions||Bowling Center|
|Owner||Silver Nugget Gaming|
|Previous names||Mahoney's Silver Nugget Casino|
The Silver Nugget is a casino and arena located on Las Vegas Boulevard North in North Las Vegas, Nevada. The casino is owned and operated by Silver Nugget Gaming. The casino site covers 14 acres (5.7 ha) and includes a 14,000 sq ft (1,300 m2) arena.
The casino resumed boxing matches, an old tradition which had not been offered for many years in North Las Vegas. The first fight card was on September 30, 2008 with plans to continue offering matches featuring regional fighters.
The casino was purchased by Silver Nugget Gaming in January 2007 for $23.8 million, a price that included the Opera House Casino. The company is privately held with Jeffrey Fine as the owner. Fine also own several Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf locations.
In 2008, the casino sold 12 acres (4.9 ha) of vacant land, which is in the North Las Vegas redevelopment zone, to the North Las Vegas. The resumption of boxing on September 30, 2008 came with television coverage from Henderson based Margate Entertainment, using their TVSBoxing.net service.
Silver Nugget Gaming
Silver Nugget Gaming holdings
- Knightly, Arnold M. (2008-09-26). "Staging a revival in troubled times". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2008-09-26.
- "Silcver Nugget Casino". Silver Nugget Gaming. Retrieved 2008-09-26.
- "Silver Nugget Casino". Retrieved 2008-09-26.
- "Silver Nugget to stage Tuesday Night Fights". Casino City. Las Vegas Sun. 2008-09-12. Retrieved 2008-09-26.
- "Opera House Casino". Casino City. Retrieved 2008-09-26.
- "Opera House Casino". CASINO CITY. Retrieved 2008-09-26.
- "Taverns". Retrieved 2008-09-26.