|Born||1951 (age 69–70)|
|Education||Bedford Modern School|
|Alma mater||Queens' College, Cambridge|
|Known for||Art Historian|
|Institutions||Queens' College, Cambridge|
Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery
Wildman was educated at Bedford Modern School and Queens' College, Cambridge. He was a Research Fellow and Director of Studies in History of Art at Queens' College, Cambridge (1976–79), Deputy Keeper of Fine Art at Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery (1980) and also its Curator of Prints and Drawings (1980–96).
- David Cox, 1783-1859. Published by Birmingham Museums and Art Gallery, 1983
- Visions of love and life: Pre-Raphaelite art from the Birmingham collection, England. Published by Art Services International, 1995
- Edward Burne-Jones, Victorian Artist-Dreamer, by Stephen Wildman. Published by Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1998
- Waking Dreams: The Art of the Pre-Raphaelites from the Delaware Art Museum, by Stephen Wildman. Published by Art Services International, Alexandria, Virginia, 2004
- Bedford Modern School of the Black and Red by Andrew Underwood (1981)
- "Stephen Wildman". lancaster.ac.uk. Retrieved 2014-08-30.
- "Results for 'au:Wildman, Stephen.' [WorldCat.org]". worldcat.org. Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- David Cox, 1783-1859. worldcat.org. OCLC 12611753.
- Visions of love and life : Pre-Raphaelite art from the Birmingham collection, England. worldcat.org. OCLC 31865541.
- Edward Burne-Jones, Victorian artist-dreamer. worldcat.org. OCLC 38565999.
- Waking dreams : the art of the pre-Raphaelites from the Delaware Art Museum. worldcat.org. OCLC 52208516.