Stoneacre Motor Group
|Headquarters||Doncaster, United Kingdom|
Number of employees
Stoneacre Motor Group is a car dealership group based in the United Kingdom, having established in December 1994.
In the year to April 2019, Stoneacre had registered a turnover of £982m on its way to a targeted turnover of over £1 billion come 2020, while pre-tax profits rose to £17m (a 25 per cent increase YOY).
In 2018, the franchise dealership completed multiple purchases, starting with the acquisition of Chris Variava in Nottingham, before obtaining two showrooms from Burrows Motor Comany in Sheffield. In March, Stoneacre completed the purchase of Platts Garage in Stafford, a dealership with multiple franchises.
Initially delayed by the Covid outbreak, Stoneacre completed the buyout of Hodgson Motor Group in the summer of 2020, adding Toyota to its list of franchises and four additional showrooms in the North East.
In early 2015, Stoneacre opened a purpose-built, 14-car Aston Martin showroom at Newcastle's Silverlink Retail & Business Park.
June 2019 saw the inaugural Stoneacre Cup take place at the Keepmoat Stadium in Doncaster - Doncaster Rovers' home ground - organised through Stoneacre's sponsorship of the South Yorkshire football club.
The aim of the Stoneacre Cup is to invite local primary schools in the Doncaster area to play in an inter-schools football tournament, with eight teams playing in this first running of the competition.
The Covid outbreak halted plans for a second running in 2020.
- "The Sunday Times Profit Track 100 2013". Sunday Times Fast Track 100. Sunday Times. Archived from the original on 19 January 2015. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Stoneacre pre-tax profits rise to £17m as new and used car sales grow". Car Dealer Magazine. 2020-02-25. Retrieved 2020-09-16.
- "£30M CAR DEALER SOLD TO STONEACRE". Insider Media.
- Bennett, Jeremy (23 December 2014). "Stoneacre acquires Staffordshire-based Randles Motor Group". AM online. Retrieved 23 December 2014.
- Kirwan, John (2015-10-01). "Stoneacre buys £80m-turnover group Autoworld". Motor Trader. Retrieved 2020-09-16.
- "Stoneacre expand with two new franchises". RMC Media. Retrieved 2020-09-16.
- Kirwan, John (2018-02-22). "Stoneacre to hit acquisition trail and announce record profits UPDATE". Motor Trader. Retrieved 2020-09-16.
- "Stoneacre Motor Group continues 2018 acquisitions with Burrows Motor Group Hyundai and Fiat deal". www.am-online.com. Retrieved 2020-09-16.
- Kirwan, John (2018-03-06). "Stoneacre buys Platts Garage in Stafford". Motor Trader. Retrieved 2020-09-16.
- "Stoneacre Motor Group completes Mill Garages Northeast Ltd acquisition". www.am-online.com. Retrieved 2020-09-16.
- "Stoneacre Motor Group acquires Hodgson Newcastle Ltd car dealership group". www.am-online.com. Retrieved 2020-09-16.
- "Stoneacre opens Aston Martin showroom in Newcastle". www.am-online.com. Retrieved 2020-09-16.
- "Saltersgate Junior School win Stoneacre Cup". www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk. Retrieved 2020-09-16.
- "The first ever Stoneacre Cup". Stoneacre Motor Group. 2019-06-27. Retrieved 2020-09-16.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stoneacre Motor Group.|
|This article about an automotive industry corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|