Swan Creek Township, Fulton County, Ohio
|Swan Creek Township, Fulton County, Ohio|
Farmland southeast of Delta
Location of Swan Creek Township in Fulton County
|• Total||42.2 sq mi (109.2 km2)|
|• Land||42.2 sq mi (109.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||669 ft (204 m)|
|• Density||200.7/sq mi (77.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086130|
Swan Creek Township is one of the twelve townships of Fulton County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 8,461 people in the township, 6,306 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
- Delta is a village located at in the northwest portion of the township. Delta is also located in the northeast portion of York Township.
- Swanton is a village located at in the northeast portion of the township. Swanton is also located in the southeast portion of Fulton Township and the northwest portion of Swanton Township.
Located in the southeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Fulton Township - north
- Swanton Township, Lucas County - east
- Providence Township, Lucas County - southeast
- Washington Township, Henry County - south
- Liberty Township, Henry County - southwestern corner
- York Township - west
- Pike Township - northwestern corner
Name and history
It is the only Swan Creek Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Fulton County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.