TVPaint Animation (11.0.2) / July 27, 2015
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android, AmigaOS (from v1.0 to 3.59)|
|Type||Raster graphics editor, animation and storyboarding software|
TVPaint Animation (also known as TVPaint, TVP, Bauhaus Mirage or NewTek Aura) is a 2D paint and digital animation software package developed by TVPaint Developpement SARL based in Lorraine (France). Originally released for Amiga in 1991, version 3.0 (1994) introduced support for other platforms. In 1999, the last Amiga version 3.59 was released as free download.
|TVPaint Animation 11 Pro||2015||Windows, Mac OS X (Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.8), Maverick (10.9), Yosemite (10.10), El Capitan (10.11) & Sierra (10.12)), Linux (Ubuntu 12.04+, Debian 6+, RedHat Entreprise Linux 5+, Fedora 15+) (TVPaint Animation 11 Standard/TVPaint Animation 11 Pro)|
|TVPaint Animation 10 Pro||2011||Windows, Linux (Ubuntu 10.04+, Debian 6+, RedHat Entreprise Linux 5+, Fedora 15+), Mac OS X, Mac Intel (TVPaint Animation 10 Standard / TVPaint Animation 10 Pro)|
|TVP Animation Standard and Pro 9.5||2009||Windows, Mac OS X, Mac Intel (TVPaint Animation 9.5 Standard / TVPaint Animation 9.5 Pro)||This new version contains many great features like : a Storyboard tool, a Peg-hole tracker, a Smear mode, a Camera tool, a Out of Pegs feature and many panels and features are improved.|
|TVP Animation Standard and Pro 9||2008||Windows, Mac OS X, Mac Intel (TVPaint Animation 9 Standard / TVPaint Animation 9 Pro)||TVP Animation 9.0 Standard Edition contains many improvement : the layer blending modes, the Panel Bin feature, the TimeLine Notes, the TVPX format, the Drawing Recorder... In addition to all those improvements, the Professional version allows to integrate numerous audio tracks, to mix layers with many blending modes and gets four separately customizable workspaces. Each workspace's panel layouts and hot keys can be customized to a different stage of your animation (for researches, storyboards etc..).|
|TVP Animation Pro 8.5||2007||Windows, Mac OS X, Mac Intel (TVPaint Animation 8.5 Standard / TVPaint Animation 8.5 Pro)||A major free update is released in June 2007. This update contains an instance system allowing you to easily time your animation, profiles on tool's connection for a custom behavior and new customizable interface look.|
|TVP Animation 8.1.1||2006||Windows, Mac OS X, Mac Intel (TVPaint Animation 8 Pro)||In June 2006, release of the first software based on the TVPaint Technology 8.1: TVP Animation Standard Edition. This version is dedicated for animators and allow them to create an animation from scratch to the end. Many improvements are made, such as supporting to the new Mac Intel, a rotative canvas like on a real drawing table, new drawing tools behavior, new special effects for saving time to the animators, etc... TVP Animation 8.1 is developed and distributed by TVPaint Développement.|
|TVPaint Animation 8.0||2006||Windows, Mac OS X, Mac Intel (TVPaint Animation 8 Standard)||TVPaint Developpement begins distributing their products under their own name. TVP Animation is dedicated to graphic creation and 2D animation. It is 100% compatible with MacIntel computers. New Effects : MultiPlane camera, Rotating project, Toon Shading, Add Border, Scan Cleaner, Lens Flare.|
|Mirage 1.5 (TVPaint 7.5)||2005||Windows, Mac OS X||German and Spanish support, more effects including Color Replacer and customizable toolbar interface. Scanners with paper feeders supported.|
|Mirage 1.0 (TVPaint 7.0)||2003, 2005||PC, Mac OS X, Casablanca (CBPaint)||Bauhaus Software begins distributing Mirage in the US for Microsoft Windows / Mac OS X. FX Stack, volumetric lights, and enhanced light table added.|
|Aura 2.5b(TVPaint 6.5b)||2003||Windows||LW unwrap mesh function for drawing textures in a project|
|Aura 2.0 (TVPaint 6.0)||2000||Windows||Support for sound tracks, 16-bit drawing masks, selection tools and pixel tracker added (PC/DECAlpha)|
|Aura 1.0 (TVPaint 5.0)||1998||Windows||TVPaint marketed by Newtek under the name of Aura for PC/DECAlpha systems|
|TVPaint 4.0||1997||Windows, SGI||Layers became animatable. Projects were also given the ability to support an unlimited number of layers.|
|TVPaint 3.0||1994||Amiga, Windows, SGI, SUN (graphiti)||This release was the first to arrive for the PC, though the Amiga continued to be supported. ARexx scripting was supplanted by George scripting. Also, TVPaint Junior, a light version of TVPaint, was being bundled with the Picasso and EGS video cards.|
|TVPaint 2.0||1993||Amiga||First appearance of a multi-window GUI, Propelling Pencil & Chalk added|
|TVPaint 1.0||1991||Amiga||TVPaint's first incarnation was a 32-bit painting software on the Amiga called TVPaint, programmed by a student of the Metz Academy of Arts.|
Notable feature films created with TVPaint
- My Dog Tulip, a 2009 American animated feature film made with TVP Animation
- The Apple & the Worm, a 2008  Danish animated feature film made with TVP Animation
- Jean de la Lune, a 2012 French-German-Irish feature film.
- Loulou, l'incroyable secret, a 2013 French-Belgian feature film which won the Best Animated Movie at the 2013 César Award for Best Animated Film
- Song of the Sea (2014 film), a 2014 Irish animated feature film
- The Peanuts Movie, a 2015 American 3D computer-animated comedy film produced by Blue Sky Studios.
- Slocum at Sea with himself, a 2015 American feature film directed and animated by Paul Fierlinger and Sandra Fierlinger
- The Breadwinner, an Irish-Canadian animated film by Cartoon Saloon directed by Nora Twomey and executive produced by Angelina Jolie, to be released in 2017
- Dawgtown, a independent animated feature film  to be released in the near future.
- Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck, a 2015 documentary directed by Brett Morgen with large animated sequences by a team led by Hisko Hulsing and animation by Stefan Nadelman
Notable short-movies created with TVPaint
- Adam and Dog, a 2011 American animated short 
- Raintown, a 2011 graduation film by Ishida Hiroyasu
- Junkyard, a 2012 animated film by Hisko Hulsing.
Notable animated series created with TVPaint
- C'est Bon, a French animated series produced by Folimage, with the voice of Jean-Pierre Coffe as the narrator.
- Tu mourras moins bête (can be translated in You'll die smarter), a French animated series produced by Folimage and created by Marion Montaigne and aired by Arte
- Simon's Cat, an animated cartoon and book series by the British animator Simon Tofield. It was created using Adobe Flash, and TVPaint was used in the episodes Scaredy Cat, Snow Cat and in the Off to the vet special.
- Gigglebug, originally an iPad app made by Anima Boutique, is a Finnish animated series, expected to air in April 2016
- Němec, Luboš (May 1999). "TVPaint 3.59". Amiga Review (in Czech). No. 44. Atlantida Publishing. pp. 19–20. ISSN 1211-1465.
- "News, Newtek open up". Amiga Format. No. 123. Future Publishing. May 1999. p. 10. ISSN 0957-4867.
- "Bauhaus Software Pacts with TVPaint". Awn.com. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "Bauhaus Software Announces Alliance with TVPaint". CGSociety.org. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "NewTek and TVPaint Announce New Alliance Agreement". animationartist.digitalmedianet.com. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "NewTek Aura 2.0". creativeplanetnetwork.com. 7 June 2014. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- Barachant, Fred (September 1994). "TVPaint 3.0". AmigaNews (in French). No. 71. NewsEdition. pp. 33–35. ISSN 1164-1746.
- Greenberg, Daniel (December 1993). "TVPaint 2.0 Professional". Amiga World. Vol. 9 no. 12. IDG Publishing. pp. 54, 56. ISSN 0883-2390.
- Larkman, Brian (October 1991). "TV Paint". Amiga Format. No. 27. Future Publishing. pp. 40–41. ISSN 0957-4867.
- "Æblet & ormen (2009) - IMDb". Web.archive.org. 26 December 2015. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- 'The Apple & the Worm' feature film made with TVP, paperless-animation blog
- "Cartoon Saloon, Aircraft Productions to Co-Produce 'The Breadwinner'". Awn.com. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- Ulanoff, Lance. "From paper to pixels: The incredible, true tale of 'The Peanuts Movie'". Mashable. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "- SLOCUM". SLOCUM. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "Angelina Jolie to Executive Produce Cartoon Saloon's 'The Breadwinner'". Rotoscopers.com. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "Jacksonville movie animator takes on tough topic: 'Gladiator' in a dog-fighting ring". Jacksonville.com. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "Kurt Cobain HBO documentary animated scene breakdown - Business Insider". Web.archive.org. 26 December 2015. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "In the Beginning... - Animation Magazine". Web.archive.org. 26 December 2015. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "Rain Town - Welcome to TVPaint Community forums !". Tvpaint.com. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "Hisko Hulsing - Animation, Music, Paintings, Comics, Illustrations and Storyboards". Web.archive.org. 26 December 2015. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "TVPaint Developpement - Web Site". Tvpaint.com. 26 December 2015. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "Galerie". Cestbon-laserie.fr. Retrieved 2017-07-29.
- "Tu mourras moins bête - ARTE Creative". Web.archive.org. 26 December 2015. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- Simon's Cat (9 October 2014). "Scaredy Cat - Simon's Cat (A Halloween Special)". Retrieved 29 July 2017 – via YouTube.
- Simon's Cat (3 December 2015). "Snow Cat - Simon's Cat (A Festive Special)". Retrieved 29 July 2017 – via YouTube.
- [dead link]
- "Gigglebug Makes Children Go Crazy...With Laughter". Cartoonbrew.com. 13 June 2013. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "Gigglebug". Gigglebug.tv. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
|Discontinued / Legacy|