|Original author(s)||Company of Science and Art|
|Initial release||January 1993|
2023 (23.5) / June 20, 2023
|Type||Visual effects, Motion graphics, Compositing, Computer animation|
|License||Trialware, software as a service (SaaS)|
Adobe After Effects is a digital visual effects, motion graphics, and compositing application developed by Adobe Inc.; it is used in the post-production process of film making, video games and television production. Among other things, After Effects can be used for keying, tracking, compositing, and animation. It also functions as a very basic non-linear editor, audio editor, and media transcoder. In 2019, the program won an Academy Award for scientific and technical achievement.
After Effects was originally created by David Herbstman, David Simons, Daniel Wilk, David M. Cotter, and Russell Belfer at the Company of Science and Art in Providence, Rhode Island. The first two versions of the software, 1.0 (January 1993) and 1.1, were released there by the company. CoSA, whose CEO was William J. O'Farrell. CoSA with After Effects was acquired by Aldus Corporation in July 1993, which in turn was acquired by Adobe in 1994. Adobe acquired PageMaker as well. Adobe's first new release of After Effects was version 3.0.
This is a list of versions of After Effects over the years, including the first two versions released by CoSA.
|Developer||Date||Icon||Version||Codename||Major features added|
|CoSA||January 1993||1.0||Egg||Layered compositing with mask, effect, transforms, keyframes; Mac only|
|May 1993||1.1||More effects|
|Aldus||January 1994||2.0||Teriyaki||Time Layout window, image sequence support, motion blur, multi-machine rendering, frame blending, proxies|
|May 1994||2.0.1||Power Macintosh version (PPC)|
|Adobe||October 1995||3.0||Nimchow||Render queue, bezier masking, time remapping, keyframe assistants (wiggler, motion sketch, smoother), multiple effects per layer, advanced keying, velocity graph, 1/2/4 point motion tracking, motion math, first Japanese version, layer transfer modes, continuously rasterize Illustrator files, Photoshop as comp import with layer/transfer mode/alpha channel support, 3:2 pulldown, non-square pixel support|
|April 1996||3.1||File formats, multiprocessing; last Mac 680x0 version|
|May 1997||3.1 (Windows 95/NT)||Dancing Monkey||First Windows version, contextual menus, first French and German versions; in November 1997, Path Text effect and Animated GIF output were released for free to registered users of 3.1|
|January 1999||4.0||ebeer||Tabbed windows, movable time layout columns, multiple masks per layer, warping effects, particle playground, audio effects, transform effect, adjustment layers, align palette, rulers and guides, RAM preview, glows/blurs no longer clip at layer edge, Premiere import, Illustrator layers support, label colors in timeline; first simultaneous Mac and Windows release|
|September 1999||4.1||Batnip||Flowchart view, watch folder, 3D channel effects, collect files command, auto deinterlacing, sequence layers, save favorite effects (.ffx), separate text fill/stroke, 30,000×30,000 image support|
|April 2001||5.0||Melmet||3D layers, 3D lights, dynamic previews, parenting, vector paint, expressions, pick whip, draw/edit masks in comp window, integration of Atomic Power plug-ins (foam, wave world, card dance, shatter, vegas), 16 bits per channel color, Illustrator transparency support, SWF export, mask colors, mask motion blur, mask expansion, RAM Preview region of interest, Photoshop 6 vector mask import, PDF import, solo switch, scrubbable property values, custom workspaces, effect reordering, PAR correction, reveal file on disk, reduce project, trim comp to work area, >2GB movie output|
|January 7, 2002||5.5||Fauxfu||Advanced 3D renderer, multiple 3D views, import camera data, colored shadows, projection layers, effects palette, post render actions, advanced lightning, adjustment layer lights, smart mask, looping via expressions, RealMedia output, expression controllers, Zaxwerks 3D Invigorator Classic bundled; first OS X version|
|August 2003||6.0||Foodfite||Paint, scripting, text layers and animators, editable Photoshop text layers, OpenGL support, new motion tracker, Rotobezier, Keylight, Liquify, Scribble, Dust & Scratches, background rendering of RAM Previews|
|June 16, 2004||6.5||Chambant||Advanced clone tool, presets gallery, grain management, integration of Cycore Effects plug-ins, Color Finesse bundling, disk caching, Firewire video output, interface light/dark controls, motion track with scale, Grain Surgery bundling, AAF and OMF support|
|January 2006||7.0||Clamchop||New unified window UI, timewarp, graph editor, OpenGL 2.0 support, 32 bpc HDR color, 32-bit audio, Adobe Bridge support, display color management, dynamic link with Premiere Pro, script editor, auto save, Photoshop file creation, smart blur, lens blur, per-character text blurring, first Spanish and Italian versions|
|July 2, 2007||CS3 (8.0)||Metaloaf||Shape layers, puppet tool, brainstorm, clip notes, Photoshop vanishing point import, adaptive motion blur, per character 3D text animation, real-time audio playback, simultaneous multi-frame rendering, SWF vector import, 32-bit linear blending, full color management; first Universal Binary Intel Mac version|
|February 22, 2008||CS3 (8.0.2)||Loafdot||Panasonic P2 support; last Mac PowerPC version|
|September 23, 2008||CS4 (9.0)||Chinchillada||QuickSearch in the project and timeline, mini-flowchart, breadcrumbs, live PSD 3D layer import, separate XYZ, Imagineer Mocha bundled, cartoon effect, XFL export, XML export, XMP metadata,|
|December 10, 2008||CS4 (9.0.1)||Chinchidotta||RED R3D file support (via REDCODE v1.3 plugin)|
|May 29, 2009||CS4 (9.0.2)||Lottadotta||Clip-level RED R3D support (via REDCODE v1.7 plugin), XDCAM HD (Avid-style MXF) support|
|October 6, 2010||CS4 (9.0.3)||Yaddadotta||Fixes "locking existing frames" message delay at start of RAM preview, decreased performance due to Wacom driver conflict, aerender not shutting down background processes, and miscellaneous crashes especially on Mac OS X 10.5 during drag-and-drop operations|
|April 30, 2010||CS5 (10.0)||Esgocart||64-bit native (mandatory) on OS X and Windows, Roto Brush tool, Refine Matte effect, mocha v2, LUT support, AVC-Intra import and improved RED (R3D) support, Align panel improvements, Synthetic Aperture Color Finesse 3, Digieffects FreeForm, auto-keyframe mode, animated GIF export functionality removed.|
|September 3, 2010||CS5 (10.0.1)||Esgodot||RED updates (color science v2, ROCKET, RMD metadata), improved LUT compatibility (.3dl with floating-point values or 3DMESH/Mesh keywords, or saved from ASSIMILATE SCRATCH systems), updates to bundled third-party plug-ins|
|April 8, 2011||CS5 (10.0.2)||Esgodoh||Fixes an "Unexpected data type" error opening project with missing effects, a crash with Directional Blur and other effects on computers with 16 or more logical processors, and a crash opening a composition created by Automatic Duck Pro Import AE.|
|April 11, 2011||CS5.5 (10.5)||Codname||Warp Stabilizer effect, Camera Lens Blur and camera layer improvements for depth-of-field and bokeh, source timecode support and Timecode effect enhancements, stereoscopic 3D rig creation and improved 3D Glasses effect, light falloff, CinemaDNG import, expanded RED (R3D) features, XDCAM EX and XDCAM HD output, integration with Adobe Audition CS5.5, save project as CS5.|
|June 30, 2011||CS5.5 (10.5.1)||Codot||Fixes for delay when typing in a text layer if mouse pointer was above the Composition panel, and inability to use an upgrade serial number.|
|April 23, 2012||CS6 (11.0)||SpinalTapas||Global Performance Cache, 3D Camera Tracker, ray-traced and extruded text and shapes, variable-width mask feather, Automatic Duck Pro Import for importing projects from other applications, including Final Cut Pro and Avid software, new and improved GPU acceleration features, Rolling Shutter Repair effect, Mocha for After Effects CS6, new and updated effects. Live PSD 3D layer import was removed.|
|May 25, 2012||CS6 (11.0.1)||BigDottom||Support for Nvidia GeForce GTX 680, AtomKraft.|
|October 12, 2012||CS6 (11.0.2)||NoneMoreDot||Support for more Nvidia cards and Intel HD Graphics, new memory handling preference allowing reversion to CS5.5 behavior.|
|June 17, 2013||CC (12.0)||Sconehenge||Maxon Cinema 4D Lite and Cineware integration, Refine Edge tool, Refine Soft Matte, layer snapping, Warp Stabilizer VFX|
|October 31, 2013||CC (12.1)||Plabt Blue Ribbon||OS 10.9 and Retina support, mask tracker, Detail-preserving Upscale effect, property linking, improved snapping|
|December 13, 2013||CC (12.2)||Pinot Butter||Automatic creation of folders for image sequences, command to convert parametric shape layer paths to Bézier paths, more snapping improvements, many small "polish" improvements|
|June 18, 2014||CC 2014 (13.0)||Goatmeal Stout||Key Cleaner effect and Advanced Spill Suppressor effect, After effect text templates created in After Effects editable in Premiere Pro, compositing options for each effect including ability to confine the area affected by each effect with masks, import of Sony RAW footage (raw files from F5, F55, and F65 cameras), import of MPEG-4 SStP (Simple Studio Profile) Sony SR MXF files, video preview on external monitor using Mercury Transmit|
|September 7, 2014||CC 2014.1 (13.1)||Hefe Marathon||High-DPI content and UI (Mac OS, Windows), refreshed "blue" UI, Copy With Relative Property Links command, color management for Dynamic Link, Maxon CINEMA 4D Lite R16 and CINEWARE 2.0, Collect Files for CINEMA 4D assets, native GoPro CineForm codecs, scripting improvements for text layers|
|December 16, 2014||CC 2014.2 (13.2)||Finish Lime||More scripting improvements for text layers, expression access to dynamic layer bounds, new keyframe icons.|
|June 15, 2015||CC 2015.0 (188.8.131.527)||Mussel Car||Uninterrupted playback, new Adobe Character Animator (Preview 1), support for Creative Cloud libraries, face tracker, Maxon CINEWARE v2.0.16, smooth experience and interaction for the user even when rendering is in progress.|
|November 30, 2015||CC 2015.1 (13.6.0)||Currant Time||Character Animator (Preview 3), refinement of playback performance and interaction, multi-touch gestures, stacked panel groups, new Lumetri Color effect, additional ICC profiles, two new Cycore FX plugins.|
|January 27, 2016||CC 2015.2 (13.7.0)||Fibonachos||Maxon CINEWARE v3.0 (R17) (including support for the Take system, OpenGL renderer, and syncing timelines between After Effects and Cinema 4D), option to auto-save when starting Render Queue, improvements to Cache Before Playback previews.|
|June 21, 2016||CC 2015.3 (13.8.0)||Abbacore||New playback architecture, Maxon Cineware 3.1, export 3D text and shape layers to Maxon CINEMA 4D, GPU accelerated effects (Lumetri Color, Gaussian Blur, and Sharpen), improved caching and playback of image sequences, send compositions from Render Queue to Media Encoder, Character Animator (Preview 4)|
|November 2, 2016||CC 2017 (14.0)||Codfather||CINEMA 4D rendering engine for 3D compositions, Creative Cloud Team Projects (Beta), Real-time playback of unaltered source media, more GPU accelerated effects, Live Text Template improvements, Date & Time Tokens, Also includes: Better UI retina support, improved markers, scripting enhancements, Adobe Media Encoder export improvements.|
|January 18, 2017||CC 2017.1 (14.1)||The Codfather Part Tuna||Ability to save Team Projects as local projects.|
|April 19, 2017||CC 2017.2 (14.2)||Plabtjacks||Essential Graphics panel and Motion Graphics Templates feature introduced, Lumetri Scopes, Effect Input Layer Options, Camera-shake deblur, multiple GPU optimizations.|
|June 13, 2017||CC 2017.2 (14.2.1)||Blueberry Plabtjacks||Performance improvements and bug fixes.|
|October 18, 2017||CC (15.0)||Darth Tater||Data-driven animation and JSON import, expression access to path points, immersive/360 VR tools (formerly Mettle Skybox), GPU accelerated motion blur, new font menu, font ligature support, keyboard shortcut editor, Maxon CINEMA 4D Lite R19.|
|January 22, 2018||CC (15.0.1)||Tater Dots||ARRI ALEXA Mini MXF/ARRIRAW format support, HEVC (H.265) QuickTime support, variable frame rate footage audio sync improvements, GPU memory optimization for VR, and bug fixes.|
|April 3, 2018||CC (15.1)||Annivercelery||Master Properties for nested compositions, Advanced Puppet Engine, Data-driven animation .CSV and .TSV support, Property Link pick whip, Adobe Immersive Environment (VR head-mount display support), new Video Limiter effect, improved video camera raw format support (RED IPP2, Canon Cinema RAW Light, Sony Venice X-OCN).|
|April 24, 2018||CC (15.1.1)||Marching Ants on a Log||Bug fixes.|
|July 16, 2018||CC (15.1.2)||Peanut Dotter||Improved raw video format support and bug fixes.|
|December 10, 2018||CC (16.0.1)||Macchidotto||Export Apple ProRes on Windows, import HEIF files, import ProRes HDR footage, and bug fixes.|
|April 2, 2019||16.1||Cloak-o-nut||Content-Aware Fill for video, customizable Expressions Editor, import/export guide lines, automatic Adobe Font sync, and bug fixes.|
|January 24, 2020||17.0||KoalaTea||Preview and playback performance improvements, enhanced EXR Workflows, faster shapes, graphics and text enhancements, expression improvements, expanded format and better playback support, new Cineware renderer and Cinema 4D Lite R21, content-Aware Fill for video improvements.|
|May 19, 2020||17.1||Hummingbread||Tapered shape strokes, Concentric shape repeater, ProRes RAW import support, Minimax effect GPU acceleration, Set Channels effect 32-bpc color support, Team Projects copy media to shared location, Automatically update audio devices (macOS only).|
|October 20, 2020||17.5||Quarantuna||Roto Brush 2, 3D design space with improved cameras and 3D transform gizmos.|
|January 11, 2021||17.6||More accurate Content-aware fill, color space and gamma changes for RED footage.|
|February 8, 2021||17.7||Bug fixes.|
|March 10, 2021||18.0||Media Replacement in Motion Graphics templates and Essential Properties, Real-Time 3D Draft Preview, 3D Ground Plane, Improved Composition Toolbar, Team Projects performance improvements|
|April 12, 2021||18.1||Bug fixes.|
|May 11, 2021||18.2||Bug fixes.|
|June 20, 2021||18.4||Bug fixes.|
|October 26, 2021||22.0||Cores on the Cob||Multi-Frame Rendering for previews, render queue export, and Adobe Media Encoder export; Render Queue UI improvements; Render Queue notifications; Composition Profiler; Speculative Preview; hardware-accelerated decoding for 10-bit 422 HEVC; tetrahedral LUT interpolation; version number unified with Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder.|
|December 14, 2021||22.1.1||Universal text engine, Cinema 4D R25 support.|
|February 8, 2022||22.2||Bug fixes.|
|April 12, 2022||22.3||Native Apple silicon support, Frame.io integration, Scene Edit Detection, 3D Extended Viewer, Binning indicators for 3D layers, coach marks, constrained shapes by Shift + double-clicking.|
|May 10, 2022||22.4||Separated dimensions preference, IME text input for Japanese, Korean, and Chinese.|
|June 21, 2022||22.5||Bug fixes.|
|August 23, 2022||22.6||Keyframe color labels.|
|October 18, 2022||23.0||Track Latte||Selectable track matte layers; native H.264 encoding; updated composition presets; 50+ new animation presets; new keyboard shortcuts for timeline navigation (Shift + J/K); installation of Maxon Cinema 4D is now optional.|
|December 6, 2022||23.1||Bug fixes and support for Maxon Cinema 4D 2023.|
|February 7, 2023||23.2||OpenColorlO and ACES color management.|
|March 29, 2023||23.3||Bug fixes.|
|May 9, 2023||23.4||Properties Panel, Effect Manager, Startup & Repair in Preferences, Improved file sorting in the Project panel, 3D Gizmo position snapping, Revamped Track Matte pick whip icon.|
|June 20, 2023||23.5||Bug fixes.|
|August 8, 2023||23.6||Essential Properties in the Properties panel.|
After Effects functionality can be extended through a variety of third-party integrations, the most common integrations are: plug-ins, scripts, and extensions.
Plug-ins are predominantly written in C or C++ and extend the functionality of After Effects, allowing for more advanced features such as particle systems, physics engines, 3D effects, and the ability to bridge the gap between After Effects and another application.
After Effects Scripts, unlike plug-ins, can only access the core functionality of After Effects. Scripts are often developed to automate repetitive tasks, to simplify complex After Effects features, or to perform complex calculations that would otherwise take a long time to complete.
Scripts can also use some functionality not directly exposed through the graphical user interface.
After Effects Extensions offer the ability to extend After Effects functionality through modern web development technologies like HTML5, and Node.js, without the need for C++.
After Effects Extensions make use of Adobe's Common Extensibility Platform or CEP Panels, which means they can be built to interact with other Adobe CC apps.
- Nuke – The Foundry
- Flame – Autodesk
- Motion – Apple Inc.
- VSDC Free Video Editor
- Boris RED – Boris FX
While not dedicated to compositing, the open source software Blender contains a limited node-based compositing feature which, among other things is capable of basic keying and blurring effects.
- "Release Notes, After Effects". helpx.adobe.com. June 20, 2023. Retrieved 2023-06-20.
- After Effects SDK Guide. Release 22.0.0. Adobe. October 18, 2022.
- "9 SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL ACHIEVEMENTS TO BE HONORED WITH ACADEMY AWARDS". Oscars.org | Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. December 12, 2018. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- "AE Codenames & Credits". cosa.com. Retrieved 2019-03-14.
- Simons, David (2013). "Adobe After Effects Turns 20". Computer Graphics World. Vol. 36, no. 3. Retrieved 2018-12-26.
- Wichary, Marcin. "GUIdebook > Splashes > After Effects". guidebookgallery.org. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- Glasse, Jeff (November 10, 1997). "Free Plug-ins from Adobe Fill After Effects Holes". The Data & Analysis Center for Software. Archived from the original on 2011-10-29. Retrieved 2013-12-04.
- After FX. cosa.com. Retrieved November 15, 2009.
- Nagel, David (January 7, 2002). "Adobe After Effects 5.5 Ships for OS X". Creative Mac. Archived from the original on 2016-11-05. Retrieved 2018-12-26.
- Bennett, Neil (July 30, 2004). "After Effects 6.5 Review". Digital Arts. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- After Effects CS4 9.0.3 update. Adobe Blog.
- Shankland, Stephen (April 30, 2010). "Cash cow out of the barn: Adobe shipping CS5". CNET. Archived from the original on 2011-06-17. Retrieved 2010-05-17.
- Adobe Effects CS5. help.adobe.com. Retrieved April 15, 2010.
- After Effects CS5 10.0.1 Update. Adobe Blog. September 2010.
- After Effects CS5 10.0.2 Update a few big bug fixes. Adobe Blog. April 2011.
- After Effects CS5 Whats new and changed. Adobe Blog. April 2011.
- After Effects CS5 184.108.40.206 update fix for text entry bug and serial number problem. Adobe Blog. June 2011.
- After Effects CS6 whats new and changed. Adobe Blog. April 2012.
- After Effects CS6 11.0.1 update bug fixes and added gpu and 3D renderer support. Adobe Blog. May 2012.
- After Effects CS6 11.0.2 update bug fixes and added gpus for ray traced 3D rendered. Adobe Blog. September 2012.
- "After Effects CC (12.0) is now live - Creative Cloud blog by Adobe". adobe.com. Archived from the original on 2016-03-05. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- announcing the After Effects CC (12.1) update, one of several October 2013 updates for Adobe professional video applications. Adobe Blog. October 2013.
- After Effects CC (12.2): what's new and changed in this December 2013 update. Adobe Blog. December 2013.
- "Empowering Creatives in a Design-led World". adobe.com. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- Nece, Victoria (April 10, 2014). "NAB 2014: What I Learned". Retrieved 2015-01-12.
- "After Effects CC 2014.1 (13.1): what's new and changed in this update - Creative Cloud blog by Adobe". adobe.com. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- "After Effects CC 2014.2 (13.2): what's new and changed in this update - Creative Cloud blog by Adobe". adobe.com. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- "The 2015 Release of Adobe Creative Cloud Is Here - Creative Cloud blog by Adobe". adobe.com. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- "After Effects CC 2015 (13.6) and Character Animator (Preview 3) updates now available - Creative Cloud blog by Adobe". adobe.com. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- "what's new and changed in the After Effects CC 2015 (13.6) update - Creative Cloud blog by Adobe". adobe.com. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- "what's new and changed in the After Effects CC 2015 (13.7) update - Creative Cloud blog by Adobe". adobe.com. January 27, 2016. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- "What's New & Changed in After Effects CC 2015 (13.8) - Creative Cloud blog by Adobe". adobe.com. June 21, 2016. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- "What's New and Changed in After Effects CC - Creative Cloud blog by Adobe". adobe.com. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- "January 2017 Update to After Effects CC Is Now Available". adobe.com. January 19, 2017. Retrieved 2017-01-19.
- "Efficiency and Optimization at the core of the latest release for After Effects CC". adobe.com. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- "New features summary | Latest release of After Effects".
- "A June 2017 Update to After Effects CC Is Now Available". adobe.com. June 13, 2017. Retrieved 2017-11-06.
- "Motion Graphics Efficiency and VR Features at the Core of What's New in After Effects CC". adobe.com. October 18, 2017. Retrieved 2017-11-06.
- "New After Effects Format Support and Memory Improvements". adobe.com. January 23, 2018. Retrieved 2018-01-23.
- "After Effects Celebrates 25 with an Upgrade". adobe.com. April 3, 2018. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- "After Effects CC April 2018 (version 15.1.1) release". adobe.com. Retrieved 2018-10-26.
- "After Effects CC July 2018 (version 15.1.2) release". adobe.com. Retrieved 2018-10-26.
- "Design With More Control and Performance Improvements in the Fall 2018 Release of After Effects". adobe.com. October 15, 2018. Retrieved 2018-10-26.
- "Adobe Pro Video Apps Now Support ProRes Export on Windows". adobe.com. December 11, 2018. Retrieved 2018-12-13.
- "Everything You Need to Know About the April 2019 Releases". adobe.com. April 3, 2019. Retrieved 2019-04-03.
- "After Effects 2020: Express Yourself (and Your Text)". Adobe Blog. January 24, 2020. Retrieved 2020-02-19.
- "Feature summary | After Effects (November 2019 release)". helpx.adobe.com. Retrieved 2020-02-19.
- "Maximize Your Creativity, Wherever You Are Working: New release of the Adobe Creative Cloud video apps available today". Adobe Blog. May 19, 2020. Retrieved 2020-05-28.
- "Feature summary | After Effects (May 2020 release)". helpx.adobe.com. Retrieved 2020-05-28.
- "Innovating to help modern creators meet the growing demand for video content". Adobe Blog. October 20, 2020. Retrieved 2020-10-26.
- "Feature summary | After Effects (October 2020 release)". helpx.adobe.com. Retrieved 2020-10-26.
- "Feature summary After Effects (January 2021 release)". helpx.adobe.com. January 11, 2021. Retrieved 2022-10-19.
- "Adobe video March 2021 release: Empowering modern creators, from video pros to social storytellers". Adobe Blog. March 10, 2021. Archived from the original on 2021-03-10. Retrieved 2021-03-10.
- "Feature summary | After Effects (March 2021 release)". helpx.adobe.com. Retrieved 2021-03-10.
- "Cruise through your creative work: latest release of the Creative Cloud video apps". Adobe Blog. October 16, 2021. Archived from the original on 2021-10-27. Retrieved 2021-10-27.
- "Feature summary | After Effects (October 2021)". helpx.adobe.com. Retrieved 2021-10-27.
- "Features summary After Effects (December 2021 release)". helpx.adobe.com. December 14, 2021. Retrieved 2022-10-19.
- "Features summary | After Effects (August 2022, May 2022 and April 2022 releases)". helpx.adobe.com. October 17, 2022. Retrieved 2022-10-19.
- "Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects updated for latest M1 processors". www.cultofmac.com. Retrieved 2022-06-17.
- "MAX 2022: New After Effects features shipping and in public Beta". Adobe Blog. October 18, 2022. Retrieved 2022-10-18.
- "Feature summary | After Effects (October 2022)". helpx.adobe.com. Retrieved 2022-10-18.
- "Features summary | After Effects (December 2022 releases)". helpx.adobe.com. December 6, 2022. Retrieved 2023-01-08.
- "Feature summary | After Effects (December 2022)". helpx.adobe.com. Retrieved 2023-01-08.
- "Features summary | After Effects (February 2023)". helpx.adobe.com. February 6, 2023. Retrieved 2023-02-07.
- "Fixed issues in After Effects". helpx.adobe.com. March 29, 2023. Retrieved 2023-03-29.
- "What's New in After Effects". helpx.adobe.com. March 29, 2023. Retrieved 2023-03-29.
- "Features summary | After Effects (May 2023)". helpx.adobe.com. May 9, 2023. Retrieved 2023-05-09.
- "What's new in After Effects". helpx.adobe.com. June 20, 2023. Retrieved 2023-06-20.
- "Features summary | After Effects (August 2023)". helpx.adobe.com. August 8, 2023. Retrieved 2023-08-10.
- "SDK Audience — After Effects SDK Guide 1.0.0 documentation". ae-plugins.docsforadobe.dev.
- "What are After Effects Scripts? | Saving Time in Motion". madebyloop.co.uk. Retrieved 2023-04-13.
- "Overview — After Effects Scripting Guide 0.0.1 documentation". ae-scripting.docsforadobe.dev.
- "Adobe CEP APIs | Adobe Developer Connection". www.adobe.com.
- "Creative Cloud Extension SDK - CC extension resources | Adobe I/O". www.adobe.io.
- "Blender features page". Retrieved 2011-03-19.
- "How 'The Simpsons' Used Adobe Character Animator To Create A Live Episode". cartoonbrew.com. May 18, 2016. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- VanHemert, Kyle (May 11, 2015). "What GIF Masters Can Do With Three Seconds and 4 Colors". wired.com. Retrieved 2016-12-15.