Dating game show
|Developed by||FremantleMedia Australia|
|Presented by||James Kerley|
|Opening theme||"I Never Liked You" by Rogue Traders|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||65|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original network||Network Ten|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|First shown in||Australia|
|Original release||1 September 2008 –|
26 February 2009
|Followed by||Take Me Out|
Taken Out is an Australian television dating game show that was originally broadcast on Network Ten between 1 September 2008 and 26 February 2009. The format was developed by FremantleMedia and was hosted by James Kerley.
International versions were developed using various titles, starting in 2008 in Denmark as Dagens Mand (Today's Man) and in 2009 in the Netherlands as Take Me Out. This title was also used for Britain, Ireland, the Philippines and the United States versions of the show. A new Australian version of Take Me Out, hosted by comedian Joel Creasey, is currently screening on the Seven Network. 
Taken Out is primarily a studio-based show, with limited amounts of location-based material, that involves a single person who is introduced to thirty single people of the opposite sex which were revealed to them in the Taken Out arena. The show is split into two sections: The initial selection in the studio, and the two stage date. During the course of the game, the host presents information and videos about the single person and based upon this information, the thirty people periodically decide independently, if they should 'leave their light on' and stay in the game with the chance to date the single person or to 'turn their light out' and exclude themselves from the chance to date the person.
- Note: The following is described with one single man being presented to thirty single women. The opposite (one single woman presented to thirty single men) also occurs.
Firstly, the women learnt a single piece of information about the single man which, along with his appearance, they used to decide whether they were interested or not. The women then judged and turned their lights off or on depending on their decision, however once they had turned their lights off, they couldn't change their minds. Then there would be a video of the single man shown, where they would describe their best features and qualities to try to keep as many women in the game as possible. The women then judged again. Next, a video by the single man's friend, family member, co worker or ex partner was shown. The women then decided again. Finally, if there were four or more women left with their lights on, the single man walked around the arena and personally met each remaining woman and either turn her light out or left hers on until there were only three women remaining. Then the single man asked a question to the three women, in which he then chose one woman to dismiss. This occurred again for the remaining two women. At the end the single man formally got asked if they would like to date the remaining woman or not. The first question was skipped if only two women are remaining and the single man still got to ask a question if only one woman was remaining before arriving at the question stage. If at any stage of the game all thirty women had turned their lights off, the game ended immediately and the single man left the show without a woman. During the whole process Kerley waked around the arena and chatted with different women asking for their opinions of the single man and why they had kept their light on or turned it off.
After the initial selection is complete, a three-stage dating process occurs. Firstly, the couple get to chat in private in a 'green room' at the studios in which they can get to know each other better in an uninfluenced environment. Next up, the couple meet for a date at a Melbourne restaurant, bar, massage parlour or other similar place. If either person is still interested in the other, there is an opportunity to attend a rendezvous at the Eureka Tower observation deck, where champagne and views of Melbourne at night await. This can often embarrassingly lead to only one person attending the rendezvous point. The latter two meetings are optional, however most attend the second stage. After all possible meetings, a final verdict is delivered. If either person wants the relationship to continue, they 'leave their light on' but if they wish for the relationship to end, they 'turn their light out'. This process is shown on the episode after the episode where their pairing was determined in the studio.
The show originally screened Monday to Friday in the 7pm timeslot before it was moved to an earlier 6pm timeslot after two weeks on air, due to competition from other shows. It was removed from schedules in its fourth week after screening 19 episodes, due to continuing mediocre ratings. Despite the axing, FremantleMedia continued to produce new episodes. In total, 65 episodes had been recorded. On 12 January 2009, Taken Out returned to air at around midnight each morning, seven days a week. The remaining 46 episodes aired until 26 February 2009.
The show has also aired on Australian subscription television channel Channel V.
|Australia (Original format)||Take Me Out||Seven Network||3 September 2018||Joel Creasey|
|Brazil||Me Leva Contigo
Take Me With You
|Rede Record||9 May 2014||Rafael Cortez|
|Mega||24 March 2010||Luis Jara|
(male/female roles reverse)
|Hunan TV||December 2009||He Jiong (何炅)|
If You Are the One
Literally "If not Sincere, Then Don't Bother"
|Jiangsu TV||15 January 2010||Meng Fei (孟非)|
|Czech Republic||Take Me Out||Prima televize||14 September 2017||Jakub Prachař & Milan Zimnýkoval|
|TV2||17 September 2008||Pelle Hvenegaard|
|TV3||8 September 2016||Mattias Hundebøll|
|Kanal 2||2011||Kristjan Jõekalda|
|Flanders||Take Me Out||2BE||15 December 2010||Gerrit De Cock|
|France||Séduis-moi...Si tu peux!
Seduce me...if you can!
|W9||30 September 2013||Jérôme Anthony|
|Germany||Take Me Out
||RTL||13 March 2013||Ralf Schmitz|
Take Me Away!
|RTL Klub||5 September 2015||Bence Istenes|
|Indonesia||Take Me Out Indonesia||Indosiar||19 June 2009
17 November 2012
|Choky Sitohang & Yuanita Christiani|
|Take Him Out Indonesia||2 August 2009|
|Take A Celebrity Out Indonesia||2010|
|All New Take Me Out Indonesia||February 2014||Indra Bekti & Nycta Gina|
|Take Me Out Indonesia||antv||19 September 2016||Eko Patrio|
|Cari Jodoh Lagi
Find a Soulmate Again
|20 August 2017|
|Ireland||Take Me Out||TV3||15 September 2010||Ray Foley|
|Italy||Take me out - Esci con me
Take me out - Go out with me
|Real Time||4 January 2016||Gabriele Corsi|
Take Me Out
|TBS TV||1 October 2009||加藤浩次|
|Lebanon||Take Me Out نقشت
Take Me Out, it worked
|LBCI||September 2016||Fouad Yammine|
|Malaysia||Take Me Out||NTV7||11 November 2011||Nazrudin Rahman and Julie Woon|
|Netherlands||Take Me Out||RTL 5||9 March 2009||Eddy Zoëy/Jan Kooijman|
Man of The Day
|TV3||September 2011||Hasse Hope|
|Philippines||Take Me Out||GMA Network||26 April 2010||Jay-R|
|Poland||Umów się ze mną. Take Me Out
Make an Appointment/Arrange with me. Take Me Out
Light me up
|V||30 September 2013||Philippe Bond|
|Serbia||Izvedi me (Take me out)
Bring me (Take me out)
|RTV Pink||21 November 2016||Andrija Milošević|
|South Africa||Take Me Out: South Africa||SABC1||15 July 2014||Phat Joe (NOTE: This should not be confused with a rapper named "Fat Joe")|
|Take Me Out: Mzansi||Vuzu Amp||10 July 2017|
|South Korea||Love Switch||tvN||15 March 2010||Lee Kyung-kyu & Shin Dong-yup|
|Cuatro||24 November 2010||Carlos Baute|
|TV4 Plus||September 2009||Carolina Gynning|
Take Me Out Taiwan
|Taiwan Television||18 August 2012||Harlem Yu & Ella Chen of (S.H.E)|
|Thailand||Take Me Out Thailand||Channel 3||2 July 2011||Ketsepsawat Palagawongse na Ayutthaya & Patcharasri Benjamas|
|Take Guy Out Thailand||Line TV||7 May 2016|
|Ukraine||Давай, до побачення!
Davay, do pobachennya!
Come on, goodbye!
|1+1||30 August 2012||Andriy Domanskyi|
|United Kingdom||Take Me Out||ITV||2 January 2010||Paddy McGuinness|
|United States||Take Me Out||Fox||7 June 2012||George Lopez|
- "Perth Now".
- "Taken Out turning Japanese". 15 September 2009.
- "Auditions: Take Me Out". 2018-02-21. Retrieved 2018-02-21.
- "Taken Out taken down by rival shows - The Australian". 18 September 2008. Archived from the original on 18 September 2008.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Axed: Taken Out". TV Tonight. 26 September 2008.
- "Bumped: ANTM. Returning: Taken Out". TV Tonight. 7 January 2009.
- "Auditions: Take Me Out". 2018-02-21. Retrieved 2018-02-21.
- "Take Me Out (7plus)". 2018-03-09. Retrieved 2018-03-09.
- "Me Leva Contigo". Retrieved 2014-05-19.
- "Elígeme (Chile)". Archived from the original on 11 March 2012. Retrieved 2010-03-24.
- "Let's Date". hunantv.com. Retrieved 2009-01-10.
- "If You Are The One". jstv.com. Archived from the original on 21 March 2014. Retrieved 15 January 2010.
- "Take me out | Prima PLAY". play.iprima.cz. Retrieved 14 September 2017.
- "Dangens Mand". tv2.dk. Retrieved 2008-09-17.[permanent dead link]
- "Dangens Mand". tv3.dk. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- "Vali Mind!". kanal2.ee. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Take Me Out (Flanders)". 2be.be. Archived from the original on 3 December 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- "Séduis-moi...Si tu peux!". w9.fr. Retrieved 2013-09-30.[permanent dead link]
- "Take Me Out - Das neue Dating-Show". rtl.de. Retrieved 2013-03-13.
- "Vigyél el!". rtl.hu. Retrieved 2015-09-05.
- "Take Me Out Indonesia". takemeoutindonesia.com. Retrieved 2009-06-19.
- "Take Him Out". thoindonesia.com. Archived from the original on 11 September 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-08.
- "Take Me Out (Ireland)". tv3.ie. Archived from the original on 16 October 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-15.
- "Take Me Out - Esci con me". realtimetv.it. Retrieved 2016-02-10.
- "Take Me Out (Japan)". tbs.co.jp. Retrieved 2009-01-10.
- "Take Me Out Na2ashit". lbcgroup.tv. Retrieved 2016-11-08.
- "Take Me Out (Malaysia)". ntv7.com.my. Archived from the original on 22 January 2012. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Take Me Out (Netherlands)". rtl.nl. Retrieved 2009-09-03.
- "Dagens Mann". tv3.no. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Take Me Out (Philippines)". igma.tv. Archived from the original on 28 May 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- "Umów się ze mną. Take Me Out". polsat.pl. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "Allume-moi". vtele.ca. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "Take Me Out: South Africa". takemeoutsa.co.za. Archived from the original on 29 July 2014. Retrieved 2014-11-28.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Phat Joe's dating show - "Take Me Out" premieres tonight". Yomzansi. Retrieved 2014-07-15.
- "Is Take Me Out SA facing financial troubles?". channel24.co.za. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- "Take Me Out: Mzansi". vuzu.dstv.com. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Take Me Out Mzansi Gets a New Home on Vuzu". Times Live. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Take Me Out Mzansi is like Black Twitter on TV". channel24. Retrieved 2017-09-10.
- "Vuzu Amp snatches Take Me Out - and Phat Joe - from SABC1". tvsa.co.za. Retrieved 2017-06-26.
- "Love Switch". bkso. Retrieved 2010-03-15.
- "Elígeme (Spain)". cuatro.com. Retrieved 2010-11-24.[permanent dead link]
- "Dagens Man". tv4.se. Retrieved 2009-09-03.
- "Take Me Out Taiwan". ttv.com.tw. Retrieved 2012-08-18.
- "Take Me Out Taiwan". ttv.com.tw. Retrieved 2012-08-18.
- "Take Me Out Thailand". tvthunder.co.th. Archived from the original on 6 November 2014. Retrieved 2011-02-07.
- "Take Guy Out Season 2". tv.line.me. Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- "Davay, do pobachennya!". Archived from the original on 19 August 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-30.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Take Me Out (UK)". itv.com. Retrieved 2010-02-01.
- "Take Me Out (US)". Archived from the original on 27 May 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Fox orders Take Me Out".
- "Dating show Take Me Out to get US version on Fox network - BBC Newsbeat" – via www.bbc.co.uk.