Talk:2011 Pan American Games torch relay
|2011 Pan American Games torch relay was a Sports and recreation good articles nominee, but did not meet the good article criteria at the time. There are suggestions below for improving the article. Once these issues have been addressed, the article can be renominated. Editors may also seek a reassessment of the decision if they believe there was a mistake.|
|WikiProject Mexico||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Multi-sport events||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
- This review is transcluded from Talk:2011 Pan American Games torch relay/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
- Well written:
- Verifiable with no original research:
- (a) it contains a list of all references (sources of information), presented in accordance with the layout style guideline;
- (b) all in-line citations are from reliable sources, including those for direct quotations, statistics, published opinion, counter-intuitive or controversial statements that are challenged or likely to be challenged, and contentious material relating to living persons—science-based articles should follow the scientific citation guidelines; and
- (c) it contains no original research.
- Broad in its coverage:
- Neutral: it represents viewpoints fairly and without editorial bias, giving due weight to each.
- Stable: it does not change significantly from day to day because of an ongoing edit war or content dispute.
- Illustrated, if possible, by images:
- The lead does not summarise the body, and is not written in summary style. Information in the lead needs to be put into a completely different section, and a new lead section created. Tempted to fail the article based on this alone. --LauraHale (talk) 01:49, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
Factually accurate and verifiable
- Major concerns here about text being copied from Spanish into English: . --LauraHale (talk) 01:56, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
Broad in its coverage
- Article is currently listed as start and feels that way for a reason. Using 2008 Summer Olympics torch relay as an example, it has sections for The Torch and other relay elements, and media coverage. The article is assessed as B. 2010 Summer Youth Olympics torch relay is listed as start class. It has similar elements to the Olympics, with the route appearing in more detail and not in a table alone. 2002 Winter Olympics torch relay has a planning section. 2009 East Asian Games torch relay is probably one of the more comparable articles. It still has the torch, route and bearers as separate sections. 2010 Asian Games torch relay is like this article, except it still has multiple sections. This is listed as a start and that seems fair. This article looks like 2010 Winter Olympics torch relay route, which is listed as List class. Need to have confirmation from nominator or those working on improving the article that sections will be added, and see this worked on. Unless the broadness of coverage is made more obvious, this will lead to article failure. --LauraHale (talk) 01:49, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
Illustrated, if possible, by images
- All images have acceptable copyright status, or contain fair use rationales. Alt text would be nice but not required. --LauraHale (talk) 01:49, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
After more investigating, I have some concerns about copying. At least one sentence was taken from this article and there are other examples in the article. Couple that with the lack of comprehensiveness of the article, it gets failed. :( --LauraHale (talk) 02:20, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
File:Flag of PASO.svg Nominated for Deletion
|An image used in this article, File:Flag of PASO.svg, has been nominated for deletion at Wikimedia Commons in the following category: Deletion requests October 2011
Don't panic; a discussion will now take place over on Commons about whether to remove the file. This gives you an opportunity to contest the deletion, although please review Commons guidelines before doing so.
Copyright problem removed
Prior content in this article duplicated one or more previously published sources. The material was copied from: here, here, and elsewhere. Copied or closely paraphrased material has been rewritten or removed and must not be restored, unless it is duly released under a compatible license. (For more information, please see "using copyrighted works from others" if you are not the copyright holder of this material, or "donating copyrighted materials" if you are.) For legal reasons, we cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from other web sites or published material; such additions will be deleted. Contributors may use copyrighted publications as a source of information, but not as a source of sentences or phrases. Accordingly, the material may be rewritten, but only if it does not infringe on the copyright of the original or plagiarize from that source. Please see our guideline on non-free text for how to properly implement limited quotations of copyrighted text. Wikipedia takes copyright violations very seriously, and persistent violators will be blocked from editing. While we appreciate contributions, we must require all contributors to understand and comply with these policies. Thank you. Diannaa (talk) 02:41, 5 March 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on 2011 Pan American Games torch relay. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120329142807/http://www.guadalajara2011.org.mx/ENG/09_Multimedia/noticias_view.asp?id_noticia=4142 to http://www.guadalajara2011.org.mx/ENG/09_Multimedia/noticias_view.asp?id_noticia=4142
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.