|WikiProject Football||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Australia / Association football||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
marking injuried players in the leading goalscorers box
I seem to have a little problem with this, as we usually mark the players based on the current round, but (i think) we don't do this retroactively. for example, this week Emile Heskey is injured and won't play in Newcastle's game. but if he scores a goal in a couple of months, I have a strong feeling he'll be added to the table, but this round's injury won't be marked. any thoughts? --SuperJew (talk) 07:29, 19 December 2013 (UTC)
- Maybe we should just have a plain list of goal scorers like other leagues without the round by round stats.--2nyte (talk) 10:25, 19 December 2013 (UTC)
- I think the round by round is good, as it can show patterns for players. and the table does not subtract from seeing just the scorers. --SuperJew (talk) 14:56, 19 December 2013 (UTC)
Differentiating between the Griffiths players
So now we have 4 players named Griffiths in the A-League: Brent Griffiths, Joel Griffiths, Ryan Griffiths and Rostyn Griffiths. Now usually to differentiate between players with the same family names, we can just use the first letter of the first name (as J. Burns and N. Burns). However that is not the case with Ryan and Rostyn Griffiths. Suggestions what to do? --SuperJew (talk) 17:45, 25 January 2014 (UTC)
- Is it necessary to differentiate between the players, the names have hyperlinks to the players article anyway.--2nyte (talk) 00:33, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
- It is the common thing to do. For example in England there are A. Cole and J. Cole, G. Neville and P. Neville. In the time Ronaldo played, Cristiano Ronaldo was marked as C. Ronaldo. Also in the popular soccer games FIFA and PES, there is this differentiating. Another example: Marseille have A. Ayew and J. Ayew and they are marked that way in official UEFA reports ( & ). --SuperJew (talk) 07:09, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
- I know I'm late on the scene and this might sound odd, but there are two Nascar drivers, Kyle and Kurt Busch. These two drivers are differentiated by being noted as Ky. Busch and Ku. Busch. It's the only place I can think of where an issue such as this occurs. J man708 (talk) 18:19, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
- It was said on the broadcast (as the attendance is usually), but there are a couple of sources online - just did a quick google search and found 3 sources on the first page, here's one .--2nyte (talk) 12:51, 12 February 2014 (UTC)
Overly detailed tag
- Have a look at discussions on WP:FOOTBALL & WP:AWNB. --SuperJew (talk) 13:22, 12 February 2014 (UTC)
- It seems the user who added the overly detailed tag seems to think the article fails WP:NOTSTATSBOOK, specifically that the article has detailed statistical information beyond interest, and that it would be "just as well served by the existing header and a few lines of prose listing the major players, major events to date and the finals matches when they occur". Also stating "we could remove the stats entirely and produce a far better encyclopedia article".--2nyte (talk) 16:20, 12 February 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 7 external links on 2013–14 A-League. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131029191629/http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/ange-postecoglou-appointed-socceroos-coach/77480 to http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Ange-Postecoglou-appointed-Socceroos-coach/77480
- Added archive https://archive.is/20120731115017/http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/galekovic-takes-over-as-reds-skipper/43927 to http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/galekovic-takes-over-as-reds-skipper/43927
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20141113074648/http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Sydney-win-dramatic-Big-Blue-clash/77997 to http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Sydney-win-dramatic-Big-Blue-clash/77997
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140104052521/http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Adelaide-denied-by-10man-Sydney-FC/82245 to http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Adelaide-denied-by-10man-Sydney-FC/82245
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140326060748/http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/heart-take-down-glory-in-albury/85550 to http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/heart-take-down-glory-in-albury/85550
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140327045544/http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Wanderers-record-easy-win-over-Glory/86687 to http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Wanderers-record-easy-win-over-Glory/86687
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140505160828/http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Henrique-scores-winner-as-Roar-claim-title-in-thriller/90290 to http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Henrique-scores-winner-as-Roar-claim-title-in-thriller/90290
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.