|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- The Apollo has volumes of books written on it, I can't beleive this is all Wikipedia has. I guess blacks from Harlem, whom endear it most, aren't big on Wikipedia demographically
220.127.116.11 18:52, 16 December 2006 (UTC)
- Feel free to add whatever you want! :) -Dan 04:55, 28 December 2006 (UTC)
Different picture of the new marquee?
- I figure there should be a picture of the new LED marquee that doesn't have it displaying some cracker-white English band's name. :P If anyone else thinks the same and can find one in the public domain or figure out the other copyright issues before I do, go ahead and put one up! :) -Dan 04:55, 28 December 2006 (UTC)
- The Gorillaz aren't really "cracker-white." They are cartoon characters, who are grey, yellow, brown, and green. And the real-life artists behind them are black, white, and Asian. You try walking up to Remi Kabaka or Del tha Funkee Homosapien and calling them crackers sometime. X-D But seriously, it'd be cool of you could get a pic that's a better fit. It'd be even better if you could get some shots of the other renovations while you are at it, the front and the screens and so on. This article could use some before-and-after photos. Rob T Firefly 05:10, 30 December 2006 (UTC)
I'm not really an expert on wikipedia or the Apollo but I think the "tree of hope" should be mentioned somewhere - http://www.bigapplejazz.com/tree_of_hope.htm
- Agree about the tree of hope and the need for a more recent photo.futurebird 14:35, 27 October 2007 (UTC)and to cool for school
I've added the tags since there is a lot of information that has no citation -- the entire first paragraph of the History section, for instance. Much of this is name-and-date information that I'm sure is citable. --18.104.22.168 (talk) 16:24, 3 February 2009 (UTC)
Contradiction in Transformation and renovation section?
I have removed the sentence "Akiko Wada became the first Asian to perform at the venue in September 2008" being that earlier in the same paragraph it mentions Yoko Ono had played there in 1972.Whotookthatguy (talk) 01:53, 16 September 2009 (UTC) Good!--Applegigs (talk) 19:43, 16 September 2009 (UTC)
I'm about to fix the accompanying article, in the same way i described at Apollo Theatre#Hatnote. I suggest you respond briefly there, at least including a link, even if you feel your main argument on the issue (which applies to both pages) needs to be made on this talk page rather than on that one.
--Jerzy•t 02:53, 21 December 2013 (UTC)