|WikiProject Video games||(Rated Stub-class, Low-importance)|
Making some improvements and changes
Song list trivial?
I'm curious why the music track list on this article keeps being removed as trivial. All album pages have track lists, and as a music game, it essentially *is* an album of existing third-party music with the barest of gameplay inserted on top of it - providing this information really isn't different from listing who does the music (original or licensed) for a movie, which Wikipedia also does. Additionally, there is plenty of precedent in the form of embedded or separate-page track lists for the majority of other music games using licensed music such as Amplitude (video game), Frequency (video game), Beatmania IIDX 20: Tricoro and many other games in that series, all of the games in the Guitar Hero series, all of the games in the Rock Band series, EVERY SINGLE PAGE in Category:Dance Dance Revolution soundtracks etc.126.96.36.199 (talk) 07:36, 19 June 2014 (UTC)
- Hi there. Before all, pinging involved editor @Mindy Dirt:, who from the history has been removing the song list since January 2014. IMHO the playable song list is important for a music/rhythm, but Mindy is right about the song list being removed is not without fault. Listing exactly how to unlock those alternate versions, for example, just crossed the line to being fancruft. And that IPs continually reinstating the list in the same form without any discussion hints to a slow edit-war/disruption attempt. No wonder reviewers are not approving these edits.
- Now I have added (partially, as a taster) the song list in a different and (hopefully) less fancrufty form and cited that to the game. If anyone has anything against that, please do not revert and talk it out here first. Thanks! 野郎院ひさし (t/c) 04:48, 17 August 2014 (UTC)
- Well, I agree on keeping the song and alternate versions, but should put spoiler tag on how to unlock them.ProtoAES256
- We don't do spoiler tags, and such lists are indeed trivial. Thank you for your efforts, User:Hisashiyarouin--the many IP edits indicate the fans are at work. These are non-notable songs by non-notable artists--this is hardly like a soundtrack. Also, the sheer volume of it completely and unduly overwhelms the rest of the article. For a little game that is barely notable, in an article that seems to have no reliable sources at all, yeah, this is fancruft. Mindy Dirt (talk) 14:53, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
- Continuity note: It was half a year since my last comment. Since then one AfD after and my stance can and have changed. Thanks Mindy. While I can't agree with your views of Cytus being "barely notable" and "seems to have no reliable sources at all" (A Taiwanese indie game reasonably has notability mostly with Chinese sources.), it is true that no RS has been specifically on the individual songs (on paid packs during release reports, yes, but not every song). Now I don't object removing the full list in for better cited cut-down prose. In the meantime, IPs please consider contributing to other facets of the game, like the upcoming arcade development deal with Capcom.  野狼院ひさし u/t/c 04:38, 2 March 2015 (UTC)
The wholetter point of Wikipedia is to include as much accurate info as possible about a scenic topic. I must ask, why do people object to adding a song list here when the project diva composers are even less notable and they have a song list? I would say that a song list would expand the informational aspect of this article instead of diminishing it. Frozenfire71 (talk) 01:11, 23 March 2016 (UTC)
Trying to address the notability issue. Here are some digs of possible reliable sources I located. Feel free to incorporate, discuss or just drop off more for future reference. Thanks! 野狼院ひさし Hisashi Yarouin 15:35, 27 August 2014 (UTC)
- Bahamut reports (NB. Please note that some, being user submissions or press releases, do not assert notability, but many are written by hired staff and probably counts)
- 4Gamer review
Game no longer available on PS Mobile in U.S., confirmed with customer support 10/16/2014 10pm PST via live chat
- That is unlucky, but unless there are RS supporting we cannot ensure this info can stay in the article without challenge or removal by another. 野狼院ひさし Hisashi Yarouin 05:02, 18 October 2014 (UTC)
Should we include a mention about Cytus ||? Rayark released a teaser trailer on their official YouTube channel that had the game titled as "Cytus ||" and underneath, in the description, it says "Cytus || is under development!!" I'll put in the link to the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAStr9pjq_A SO OVERHYPED Frozenfire71 (talk) 15:12, 10 March 2016 (UTC)