|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Hu Jintao article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|A fact from this article was featured on Wikipedia's Main Page in the On this day... section on November 15, 2004 and November 15, 2014.|
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
One-Child policy vs President/Chairman having two children
The article should address why the President/Chairman has two children, the son born 1972 according to one media article I read, while the country has had a strict and somewhat controversial "one-child policy" since 1979. I am by no means well read on Chinese politicians nor Chinese policies but I think that the one-child policy is known by enough people that it deserves some mention as to why the policy did not apply to him. Perhaps just adding the dates of birth for his children and the date the policy officially came into effect will address the concern. Cheers. Veriss (talk) 04:54, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
- Well, the policy doesn't apply to the majority of families in China and you can pay to be excluded if you can afford it so I'm not sure I see it as particularly notable that he has 2 children unless there are some sensible sources discussing the issue. Sean.hoyland - talk 07:52, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
it's not apply to every family in china at that time,for example ,my parents have 2 sons dan 2 daughters,but we are not rich. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 11:41, 27 December 2011 (UTC)
- The One-child policy started in 1978. President Hu's son was born in 1971. I can't find any information on when his daughter was born, but it's very possible what both of his children were born before the implementation of the One-child policy. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 05:30, 3 February 2012 (UTC)
Correct pinyin for "Jintao"
My dictionary says the second syllable of Jintao has tone 1, rather than tone 2 as in the Wikipedia article.
涛(F濤) [tāo] great waves (from de Francis, ABC dictionary)
- 濤 can be both first tone or second tone. First tone is more common, but since second tone is not incorrect, I'm leaving it as such for the moment. --Nlu (talk) 16:29, 28 January 2011 (UTC)
Actually, CPC didn't use this phrase and 核心/Core which extensively used in Jiang's era for Hu Jintao.--刻意(Kèyì) 23:51, 25 February 2011 (UTC)
Sorry, I was just curious about something. Why is this person sometimes simply called "Hu"? Isn't Hu his first name? You never hear anyone calling the US presidents "Barack" or "George". Thanks. 05:51, 25 May 2011 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk)
- As the article explains, "Hu" is the family name.--Tærkast (Discuss) 15:02, 2 June 2011 (UTC)
- See Chinese name. Sean.hoyland - talk 15:10, 2 June 2011 (UTC)
File:Hu Jintao Photo Portrait.jpg Nominated for Deletion
|An image used in this article, File:Hu Jintao Photo Portrait.jpg, has been nominated for deletion at Wikimedia Commons in the following category: Deletion requests September 2011
Don't panic; a discussion will now take place over on Commons about whether to remove the file. This gives you an opportunity to contest the deletion, although please review Commons guidelines before doing so.
File:Hu Jintao, Official Photo Portrait.jpg Nominated for speedy Deletion
An image used in this article, File:Hu Jintao, Official Photo Portrait.jpg, has been nominated for speedy deletion for the following reason: All Wikipedia files with unknown copyright status
Don't panic; you should have time to contest the deletion (although please review deletion guidelines before doing so). The best way to contest this form of deletion is by posting on the image talk page.
There is an error in the personal life section. Hu has given one-on-one interviews. In fact he did a really long one with I believe Fareed Zakaria in 2010. The reference citing to the contrary is old, outdated, and incorrect. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 23:13, 18 February 2012 (UTC)