|This page was nominated for deletion. Please review the prior discussions if you are considering re-nomination:
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|A fact from Katie Blair appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page in the Did you know? column on 19 August 2006. The text of the entry was as follows: "Did you know
|This article, or a portion of it, was copyedited by the Guild of Copyeditors in February 2007. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the project and see a list of open tasks.|
Anybody got a birthdate on this chick?
vital info that needs 2b posted
Does anyone think she's hot?
I do. Falconleaf 00:33, 4 September 2006 (UTC)
PageantUpdater: I see you have reverted my edit regarding the "controversy" of Katie Blair's win based on the way she answered her final question. I disagree that the entry is NPOV, and will be reverting your edit. Here is my reasoning: The question posed to Blair was "What does integrity mean to you?" not "What is the dictionary definition of the word 'integrity'?" Any answer to the question posed therefore would be subjective (she could have responded with, "The word 'integrity' means, to me, that Satan is upon us" and it still would have "counted"}. The question did not have a definitive answer the way it was phrased, as is claimed. Also, I did look at the references and did look up the search terms you suggested, and nowhere did I see evidence of any "controversy," aside from reports of her family giving her a bit of guff for the way she answered the question. I do not believe this constitutes a controversy. Taking all of this together, I think the way the paragraph in the article is written is very POV, and that is why I removed it before, and will do again shortly. I have no problem if you wish to rewrite it using more non-POV language; I just have a problem with the way it is now.Panastasia 09:21, 2 November 2006 (UTC)
- I'm not going to rewrite it but I am going to revert it... change the word "controversy" if you like but it was a clear point of interest following the pageant (casee in point it was all the message boards were talking about, and it (unlike most pageant controversies) was widely discussed in the media. It is probably second only to Larissa Meek's answer in terms of the size of the gaffe but it was important because Katie got away with it... there has been much discussion as to whether the interview portion counts any more. The piont is not that that is what integrity meant to her... its that she answered the question so incorrectly thus showing her (lack of) intelligence. -- PageantUpdater • talk | contribs | esperanza 00:55, 5 November 2006 (UTC)
- Whatever. Just don't kid yourself that it was "widely discussed in the media," because it wasn't. Maybe there has been "much discussion" about this in your world, but in the real one, not so much....Panastasia 07:26, 15 November 2006 (UTC)
I like acorns and all of you can get a life
since she and miss usa are apparently involved, shouldn't she be classified as bisexual? i don't think she was kissing her to remove snake venom. 18.104.22.168 00:54, 23 December 2006 (UTC)
- If you can find a reliable source which supports that statement. Wikipedia is not a gossip column. --Oden 01:52, 23 December 2006 (UTC)
- there are photos. that seems fairly reliable. 22.214.171.124 23:22, 23 December 2006 (UTC)
Was she born in December 1987 or April 1988? It changed since the last time I saw.--MP123 18:10, 29 August 2007 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Katie Blair. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110723025524/http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles/2006/09/07/news/local/20-miss-teen.txt to http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles/2006/09/07/news/local/20-miss-teen.txt
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.