|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Kiev article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Kiev has been listed as a level-4 vital article in Geography. If you can improve it, please do. This article has been rated as B-Class.|
|Kiev was a Geography and places good articles nominee, but did not meet the good article criteria at the time. There are suggestions below for improving the article. Once these issues have been addressed, the article can be renominated. Editors may also seek a reassessment of the decision if they believe there was a mistake.|
|Current status: Former good article nominee|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This page was previously nominated to be moved. Before re-nominating, review the move discussions listed below.
A special subpage has been created for discussing the name of the article, Talk:Kiev/naming. Please take all naming discussion there!
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Kiev. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131203020408/http://www.ucipr.kiev.ua/publications/electronic-bulletin-your-choice-2012-issue-4-batkivshchyna/lang/en to http://www.ucipr.kiev.ua/publications/electronic-bulletin-your-choice-2012-issue-4-batkivshchyna/lang/en
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://archive.is/20120530043944/https%3A//tspace.library.utoronto.ca/citd/RussianHeritage/4.PEAS/4.L/12.III.5.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.jpeopleworld.com/index.php?dir=site&page=country&subj_cs=4755
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.ukma.kiev.ua/eng_site/index.php
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
Foundation of Kiev
482 should be the date for Kiev's foundation date? It's not true. Are wikipedia articles become complete a joke ?
Here is the used source for this article: "To mark an alternative birthday of Kyiv, about 100 activists gathered in Hostynniy Dvir, an historic building in the Podil district, to celebrate and to protest against plans to turn the site into yet another shopping mall."
Please correct the foundation date and use the correct official date from documents. Hope someone will correct this when Wikipedia should not become even more untrustworthy and irrelevant in the future. --22.214.171.124 (talk) 00:07, 2 August 2017 (UTC)
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
Under notable people, please add:
Olga Fridman (born 1998), Ukrainian-Israeli tennis player
Kiev Oblast and Kiev-Sviatoshyn Raion
Please add to template Infobox settlement this hierarchy (it's ukrainian official subdivisions please read this pages and law: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/401-14/print): |subdivision_type= Country |subdivision_name= Ukraine |subdivision_type1= Oblast |subdivision_name1= Kyiv Oblast |subdivision_type2= Oblast subdivision |subdivision_name2= Kiev-Sviatoshyn Raion |subdivision_type3= Municipality |subdivision_name3= Kiev City Municipality
- I already tried to explain to you that Kiev does not belong to Kiev Oblast, but for whatever reason you have chosen not to listen.--Ymblanter (talk) 10:26, 19 November 2017 (UTC)
You are wrong, I repeat it again. Kiev is legally and actually: a) the capital of Ukraine; b) a city with a special status; c) the administrative center of the Kiev Oblast; d) the center of Kiev-Sviatoshyn Raion Tunyk (talk) 10:32, 19 November 2017 (UTC)