Talk:List of wars 1990–2002
|It is requested that a global map or maps be included in this article to improve its quality.|
- I removed War on terrorism. For more info check out Talk:List_of_wars also for Israeli-Palestinian Conflict --Kulkuri 21:11, 23 May 2005 (UTC)
The War on Terrorism is not limited to Afghanistan. It should be listed separately. Copperchair 07:37, 31 July 2005 (UTC)
I am removing Imia/Kardak, as it hardly meets any reasonable definition of a war.
The violence in Gujarat can more accurately be termed as riots. The term "war" as used for the other conflicts on this page doesn't suit it. Consequently, I have removed the link to it from this page.
Who the hell erased the Rwanda genocide that occured in 1994? Put it back.Fclass 19:15, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
Ignore my previous post. I found it. My bad.Fclass 19:17, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
Brazilian Gang War
Sortable tables do not work correctly
Note that the tables can't be sorted correctly by date, because the first word of the date column is the day, not the year. They should be arranged by yyyy:mm:dd: to work correctly. The same problem occurs in List of wars 1945-1989 and List of wars 2003-current. Rayhou (talk) 09:35, 23 March 2008 (UTC)
User:Jersay seem to be making extensive changes to this page without sources, basing their decisions on personal perception. I alone don't feel qualified to make any kind of definitive claim about what should be here; can some friendly editors help, please? AlexTiefling (talk) 18:00, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
Merge with 1945-1989 and change to 1999
This, the 2003-current, ongoing, and 1945-1989 article are a mess. A table for 1990-1999 appears in the 1945-1989 article, for example. Consensus needs to be reached on how to display them. I suggest the following:
- Change the 1945-1989 article to 1945-1999 and merge all relevant aspects of this article into that one.
- Change the 2003-current article to 2000-current, reformat it so that the table matches the other list articles, and remove all currently unresolved conflicts to the ongoing conflicts article.
Why not make the lists 1945-1992, to show wars that were during and later a result of the Cold War/Breakup of the Soviet Union, and then 1992-current for everything Post-Cold War? Casual T .30-06 (talk) 18:42, 27 May 2010 (UTC)
What Do You Think?
- While the "War on Terror" has led to actual wars, itself it is not a war. Rather, the word "war" is being used in a metaphorical sense, as in "War on Drugs". I would therefore remove "War on Terror" from this list. 08:58, 24 August 2010 (UTC)
- Operation Enduring Freedom – Horn of Africa seems to be redundant to War in Somalia (2006–2009), and the 2002 incident is not, as far as I can see, considered to be the start of a war, so the 2002 year figure may be misleading. 09:03, 24 August 2010 (UTC)
I'm thinking about deleting War on Terror, Operation Enduring Freedom - Horn of Africa, and Operation Enduring Freedom - Phillipines because they are redundant. I'd like for people vote on it. B-Machine (talk) 14:42, 8 September 2010 (UTC)