Talk:Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Metroid Prime 2: Echoes article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Metroid Prime 2: Echoes is a featured article; it (or a previous version of it) has been identified as one of the best articles produced by the Wikipedia community. Even so, if you can update or improve it, please do so.|
|This article appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page as Today's featured article on November 15, 2014.|
|WikiProject Video games||(Rated FA-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Science Fiction||(Rated FA-class, Low-importance)|
The plot synopsis in this article does no justice and reads rather poorly. I write rather poorly myself so I was wondering if anyone would be willing to play through the game and rewrite it. --188.8.131.52 (talk) 19:47, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
- Is this a complaint about the length? Because previously the plot section was nigh on massive, and it was cut to the basics specifically to fit Wikipedia's Featured Article requirements. If we were to rewrite that section, we wouldn't be making it much bigger than it is now. Arrowned (talk) 21:01, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
The development section that discusses Dark Samus's inspirations
You've stated that the inspiration for Metroid Prime 2: Echoes's "Dark Samus" came from fighting a mirror image of Samus in Metroid: Zero Mission". You've also included a line in the code stating to "NOT CHANGE THIS TO METROID FUSION", citing that a developer said nothing about Fusion in the originally cited article. I realize that citing articles is absolutely crucial, but there is no Metroid fan on the planet who would agree with this logic. You face absolutely no enemies in "Zero Mission" that even come close to resembling a "mirror images of Samus". The enemy you're referring to the SA-X from "Metroid Fusion", and you obviously realize this.
I've not edited the article, simply because I created a wikipedia account for this reason alone and I don't feel it's my place to make changes just yet, but somebody needs to change this because it is, without a single doubt, absolutely incorrect.
- Mark Pacini, Metroid Prime 2's game director, said this in an EGM interview:
- "One of the coolest parts in Zero Mission was when you were fighting yourself. We were like, "That is so cool! What would it be like if we did something like that that utilized our technology and utilized the game mechanics of Metroid Prime." That's kind of where that came from."
- The statement Pacini is saying is correct, so the inspiration for Dark Samus' inspirations is sourced. Stating that Metroid Fusion inspired Dark Samus is original research, which contradict of what the source is mentioned. We have to go by what the reliable sources are saying. If the developers says that Dark Samus is inspired by Zero Mission, then so should we. Hounder4 (Talk) 08:19, 7 September 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 6 external links on Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.1up.com/features/metroid-prime-2-egm-afterthoughts
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/03/04/metroid-prime-2-dated-in-japan
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.famitsu.com/cominy/?m=pc&a=page_h_title&title_id=3824
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.1up.com/reviews/metroid-prime-2-echoes
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150716111618/http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/contest/top10 to http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/contest/top10
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.orbislabs.com/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.